View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 02:56 AM   #44
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
I said 1995 and up, is cause people that have the older domestics, tend to tune them....like older chevelles and GTO's and stangs, but the new ones peeps just buy from the factory, and race around.

Finally...something we can agree on. Old school muscle cars are usually modded because...well...it's easy. No ECU to mess with, no VVT, no bells or whistles. Just a big engine and a lot of power. I think that's what keeps a lot of people out there from tearing into newer cars. Even kids in the imports crowd I think are intimidated by all of the technology which results in the improper stereotype that they're all about canister mufflers and cold air intakes and that's it. Domestic guys are guilty of the same thing. I wouldn't look forward to tearing into a 4.6L DOHC motor for a stroker kit or new cams...too much shit to screw up easily. Also, if there are kids (under 18) out there that own newer cars that are factory fast then they probably didn't buy it themselves and you should slash their tires.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote