View Single Post
Old 05-12-2003, 08:37 PM   #40
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
ROFL! ther are so many opinions in this post....lol....and it is a fact, that there are more people who tune imports than people who tune domestics (when i say domestics, i mean 1995+ domestics)(new) and if oyu wanna give shit for us being unique, and not careing so much about power then go ahead, its illogical.

I said in previous posts i respect anyone that tunes their car themselves, be it a domestic or an import...even if it was just putting on the bolt ons yourself.

I think you've got tunnel vision. If by "tuning" you mean adding an insanely and unnecessarily large exhaust pipe and some body parts then you're probably right...there are more import "tuners". But the domestic enthusiast following is immeasurably larger. And by that I mean people who make REAL mods to their cars. It also seems a bit suspicious that you'd limit your commentary to cars made after '95. Any reason why? Does that mean that my '84 GT that'll put a few bus lengths on just about any street driven import doesn't count cuz it's too old? I'm not giving you shit for being unique...I'm giving you shit for following a trend. The idea of being unique is rooted firmly in the principal that you have something that no one else has. As far as I can see I see very few "tuned" imports that look different. When I say big wings and body kits I don't mean to generalize or stereotype because I know a lot of guys aren't into that...it's just the easiest and tackiest thing to pick out. I suppose any addition to set your car apart is worthy...but does it really matter if that addition is made in bad taste? I also know that taste is intangible and relevent but I think there's a general concensus on what's good and bad. So if you want to cram over 100 years of automobile history out of the way and focus on the last 8 then go ahead but you're ignoring all of the cars that came before and made your hobby and your "unique" car possible. As for cars at shows vs. the street...stop spliting f*cking hairs. The fact is that they're out there and people are building them and they aren't imports. Keep throwing that word unique around...fact is that your car was never meant to be anything but a grocery getter and is turned out en masse for the general public who wants basic transportation. So tomorrow when you head to school give a nod to the 10 other Civic drivers and encourage them to think of themselves as unique...by your definition I'm sure they are.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika

Last edited by GT40FIED : 05-12-2003 at 08:42 PM.
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote