View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 09:18 PM   #42
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by vwg60kid
to be totally honest... yeah i like acceleration.. and yeah i love the g60 motor... (what can i say i am dilusional corrado fanatic.. i would rather own a rado over just about anything else some exotics included).. the reason for my upgrades or more alterations i should say is that the corrado has weak point just as any other car... two of them need attention on my car... supercharger blew a seal and detonated.. hence the turbo and if your gonna do it might as well do it right i always say... what the point in a half-assed job.... and my second gear synchros are totally shot (ultra common problem with dubs) and reverse gear is cracked... tranny needs to be out again... why not upgrade now instead of fix it again and then just wait for it to break again...

one thing that any corrado owner will tell you... you dont own a corrado and forget about it... you need to be devoted to taking care of it... because things will happen and happen often.... i guess it takes being a little crazy in the head to put up with it..

i guess its the same with stang owners too... its addicting...

(please exuse my aparent lack of ability to type english.. its been a long day and im exhausted)

here is a pretty sick rado for you to check out...
http://people.freenet.de/corradog60/gast_rauscher.htm

haha im a delusion mustang fan so its all good, and HELL YEA IM DEVOTED TO it, shit breaks every day! sux for the supercharger that ****ed everything up, but hey your tranny is just like the stangs, the t-5 is the weak point, i put a new input shaft housing on because my throwout bearing started to spin on it and cracked the reverse shifter rail in the process, the t-5's suck in general too, its barely working and i never powershift.... if i bang gears to hard i lose 1,3,5 and i have bang 2nd to get my gears back! (actually thats the mount but oh well).

its all cool though you seem like a pretty reasonable person... its just funny when people come on and make random statements to stir things up

i wouldnt mind owning a vr6 corrado or a new 1.8t jetta with a chip catback and filter (HELLOOOOO 13's ) ill have to drive one to experience it..

im satisfied with a stang though, i bought the rolling chassis of a drag car and threw a stock 302 in with boltons... its a decent little whip, handles mint, gets 20mpg city (2640lbs still full interior and options), gets 4 banger insurance, and is decently fast, only thing is i dont like the way it looks. i like the gt's much better but there dogs.

i saw this one veedub next to me at the staging lanes of englishtown on a import vs. domestic meeting, and it was an older gti those little hatches with the bugeyes kinda, with a vr6 swap and t-3 turbo i bullshitted with him for a bit when i saw some low 12 runs with slicks out of it, and he was all cocky saying its detuned and hes going for 11's on a stock block, so i just laughed and said whatever...

low and behold the next import vs. domestic meeting he was there, and not only did he hit his goal, he went 10.80's all day on i believe 15-18psi on stock block with boltons and turbo ... those vr-6's respond hella well to hairdryers let me tell you

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote