View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 08:24 PM   #39
vwg60kid

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
sorry to burst your bubble brother, but i dont have to like the car, if i dont like it i will say it. and i dont like the anemic performance the supercharged g60 has to offer.... if you dont like mustangs fine, i could care less, all i know is that if you want straightline go and or all around performance nothing beats a older mustang dollar for dollar (psst there is a aftermarket for suspension too ! i bet i could go toe to toe with your in the turns ) if you can get a g60 to dust a 5.0 i could care less, props.. but all i know is that im pretty sure of what im doing and itll be a little harder, hehe.

mass production and the span of 15+ years does wonderfull things to the variations of 1/4 times of these old beaters..

other than that i respect your building a decent ride, but when you say not everyone wants a drag car WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU PUT A TURBO ON IT WITH HEADWORK? obviously you like accelleration correct?

best of luck on the project as well bro, but i wouldnt pay for a g60 powered car ever, just my opinion i think they are overrated. id take any year 1.8 turbo over that powertrain. the supercharged 1.8 is too much money for too little gains..

to be totally honest... yeah i like acceleration.. and yeah i love the g60 motor... (what can i say i am dilusional corrado fanatic.. i would rather own a rado over just about anything else some exotics included).. the reason for my upgrades or more alterations i should say is that the corrado has weak point just as any other car... two of them need attention on my car... supercharger blew a seal and detonated.. hence the turbo and if your gonna do it might as well do it right i always say... what the point in a half-assed job.... and my second gear synchros are totally shot (ultra common problem with dubs) and reverse gear is cracked... tranny needs to be out again... why not upgrade now instead of fix it again and then just wait for it to break again...

one thing that any corrado owner will tell you... you dont own a corrado and forget about it... you need to be devoted to taking care of it... because things will happen and happen often.... i guess it takes being a little crazy in the head to put up with it..

i guess its the same with stang owners too... its addicting...

(please exuse my aparent lack of ability to type english.. its been a long day and im exhausted)

here is a pretty sick rado for you to check out...
http://people.freenet.de/corradog60/gast_rauscher.htm