View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 06:27 PM   #68
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
I VERY much agree with AZCivic...

Your best bet is to stick with the stock engine... get a turbo KIT.. fmax it's like 3500 bucks see if hondamaniac can get you a better price... go buy the turbo tuning book gt40fied recomended in another thread... the name slips my mind but if you want I'll look it up later... When your DONE reading the book and the instructions for the kit 15 times install it... see if you can get someone who knows what they're doing to supervise (really just supervise though) this will not only teach you TONS of stuff about engines and tuning but chances are with 3-4 mods on that kit you could be running 12-13's on slicks with some stuff taken out of your car NO PROBLEM.. that's fast dude... and it IS street power because the turbo power ramps up so as long as you don't launch at 4k you don't really spin the wheels... and you'll get used to not having to "floor" it all the time. This would yield FANTASTIC results... even without a costly engine build... after your tired of that and you have more money saved up you can make a WAY more educated decision about what you want to do from there...

If you really want a rediculous street honda you gotta start off more realistic... learn about tuning YOURSELF.

Many of the your not going to have a fast civic comments I said where more at the track fast... if you turbo your d16 you COULD be WASTING dudes with swaps, nitros, and MUCH better stock cars... like maxima's and 3 series bmw's... that's fast... and since you have suspension already it'll be tight as hell... you didn't answer the brake Q though... do you have rear disk??? I think it's standard for you but I don't know.

If you do this instead of save up for a spoon engine you will be thanking us till the day you die.

yea ok, but it'd be better to start off with a b18c1 anyways...so why doj't i jsut get my b18c1, and burn guys N/A, while i'm savin up for my turbo kit....sounds good to me

[quote]Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
Don't buy a spoon engine dude... it's way too f&f especially if your planning or even contemplating going turbo later... the difference between your stock motor and a b18c1 will be NIGHT AND DAY... you will have a fast car... you'll be burning lots of dudes out there who have spent lots of money... the name is not worth the price especially if that's not where your going to stop...[quote]