View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 04:56 PM   #41
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by JMAXIMA
don't make assumptions you can base on fact. i'm not saying its not possible with a civic... but is there someone on this forum that has a similar set up? but the only real problem i have with this is i doubt you could run that much boost and spray on stock internals and tranny. how much power can you guys run before you start breaking gears and rods?

Wasn't making an assumption. I was just saying that its not an amazing feat. I'm sure there's plenty of 5.0L stangs that could pull that off. Or even LS1's. Regardless.

A 6 cylinder in general can hold more power than a 4 cylinder. I don't know the utmost limit for the Honda engines and I'm not rich enough to try & find it out.
A Civic (D Series) can hold ~80hp additional without any mods. A Civic (B Series) can hold ~100-125 additonal without mods. I'm not sure what the Prelude can handle. I imagine its similar to the B series.

Then again the cost of a new Maxima($27-29000) vs. a new Civic Si($19000), you should get a faster car. I'm not bashing Maximas at all. I think they look good. I've never had a chance to drive one so I can't say anything about how they feel.