Thread: 150.3db
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2003, 12:08 AM   #20
accordracer84

I really hope your ready to eat your own shit because i'll be over at the guy that's built my box and is finishing up putting my friends 3 12" W3 in his car. I'll get the sub you'll need, and the box. GSteg do you know anything about electronics and math? I gaurantee that a 400W supposedly PA amp does not do that much because i was just in the car audio shop today and guess what kind of amp he had in a tahoe? A PA and the owner said that it was rated at something like 1200W and it had only 1 20amp fuse. What that means is that more then likely that this amp could not draw enough power to blow the 20 amp fuse so it probably only could put out about 200W. How in the hell can you compare a 150W amp to a 1000W PA amp, it make's no sense. I have a Zapco AG1000 and i will bet that if you put a PA amp that is rated the same as the Zapco and put them on the same subs and box and wire it up bridged at 4 ohms that the Zapco would never die and it would sound better. Go to the USAC website and they're is somebody that hit 164DB in the 0-150W class so once again power has nothing to do with DB. I would like to apoligize to everybody except GSteg, you can put anything you want on your car and i will not judge you but when you say stuff that is false or an opinion then back it up with something. Buy what you want with your own money but in the end you get what you pay for and i just wish that stereo companies would actually provide people with accurate specs instead of advertising a 3000W amp that they no doesn't do that.