View Single Post
Old 03-23-2003, 10:49 PM   #7
blind34_1

oh so you dont want to use NOS huh? what about ZEX or NX express, etc. You mean you dont want to use NITROUS. NOS is a brand name! sorry, just one of my pet peeves.

of course, the decal solution gives you tons of P-HP (psychological- horsepower)

but, everything possible has already been mentioned, but the most important thing that nobody ever mentioned is getting at least back to factory specs. The biggest mistake I see in a lot of cars is people that will buy a car and go and buy tons of expensive aftermarket stuff, and then a week later their car is on the side of the highway, dead because the 12 year old ignition failed.

I'm saying, give your new car a once over, and fix anything that is old or questionable. Unless you have detailed service records, I'd say do this first:

- check oil
- check coolant
- check ac
- check power steering (if its not cherry red, have it flushed)
- inspect all belts/replace
- check spark plugs
- check cap/rotor/wires
- inspect hoses (especially coolant hoses, they corrode from the inside out, so just replace now)
- check trans fluid (probably needs a change, everyone forgets that one)
- check your cv boots. I'm willing to bet at least one of them is in bad shape
- valve adjustment
- new brake pads/rotors
- check your tire tread (tires are expensive, replace those if need be before going and buying your shiny new exhaust)

you get the idea. Basically, if I could go and do it all over again, I would've had everything inspected an replaced. Mostly so I can know where I stand when it comes to maintenace. I can say, yes I had a valve adjustment within the last 60k.

the way I see it. You can do it now, and have peace of mind in knowing your car is sound, or you can risk the safety of your car, yourself and others and have to pay for a towing bill to wherever.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote