Thread: Sad times...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 05:50 PM   #1
Duckydos

Sad times...

You know those people who get a POS car, and fix it up all nice? Well I got a nice car and turned it into a POS. lol
Anyways, my latest adventure is this: We were at the beach this Saturday when I thought that it would be fun to ramp my car off of the sand dunes. Well, seeing how my car is 2" lower, this would be a bad idea to anyone with common sense... not me So, after a few jumps, it finally happened. I stuffed the front end into hard packed sand. The bumper came flying off (no big deal, it's polyeurthane and popped right back into place) and the hood popped open. This is what I don't get.
Why the hizzel won't my hood shut? I checked the latch, it isn't bent nor moved. Infact, nothing on the front end is bent or moved. But my hood still won't shut. It like, latches, but there's still a 1.5" gap. The hood isn't bent (that I can tell, there's no crimping or anything)... it's strange. It just doesn't want to close anymore.
I will post pics tomorrow to help show you guys. It's no big deal.

(oh yea, there was probably a good 20 pounds worth of sand under my hood in various places... not reinstalling the stone-shield = bad idea.)

-Ducky