View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 12:44 AM   #8
Importrepairguy

R1 Seat Install

I had the displeasure of installing a set for a customer. Be forwarned, They will come w/ nothing to attatch them to your floorpan. They wil have sliders attatched. Then you will have to purchase a set of floor mounting plates from either Sparco or Momo and they will not fit. You are required to weld some steel plates over the floor mounts to closen the gap between the slider bolt pattrn on the seats. This will be obvious when you get them.
I HIGHLY reccomend the welding be done by a proffesional, If your seat were to come loose or shift while driving an accident would most likely ensue, or perhaps if in an accident and your seat comes loose from the floor, those are things best not to think about! So do the responsible thing. Other that my coment are: The reclining mechanism is Junk, plastic w/ thin metal wil not last long, slider mechanism is typical of design w/ Sparco etc. the matrial I thought was very durable and the seaming was good.
My final Opinion is Save your money and buy the better quality products available.