Thread: Interior Ideas
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 11:32 PM   #4
blind34_1

wow, sounds just like when I bought my car. did it come with aftermarket crap rims? j/k... (and by the way, the hatch is referred to as a 3 door.)

apparently fourth gen civics like that are VERY easy to break into, so I would suggest getting a decent alarm system first. its not hard, I installed mine myself after having my stuff stolen twice.

next I'd suggest goin to your local junkyard and seeing if there is a 4thgen hatch that you can take parts out of. When you start painting interior peices you will most likely break them when you remove them. always good to have backups.

you could find an integra center console and modify it slightly to fit flush with the radio console and then you can have cup holders (handy).

And, there is no way your car came with leather seats stock, so they are some sort of aftermarket. if you dont like leather, del sol seats look nice, but require some fabrication and drilling. Is yours an Si, Dx, or STD?

As for a sweet setup, oh man you'll have all sorts of fun designing this. My current ideas include an amp box mounted behind the rear seats. It would extend across both seats, making them fold as one. I was going to rig up a way for the seats to fold down to 45 degree angle, so you could see the amp box (box using plexi glass, behind a wood cut and finished H emblem, all with hidden neons for the ambient glow..sweet!)
I just built a dual 12" hatch box, which fits perfectly, while still allowing the back rack to stay, which hold my 6x9 boxes. decent setup

I'd also recommend replacing the crappy cardboard divider in your trunk with at least 1/2" wood, carpeted. if you wanted to be real fancy you could cut doors into them so you can reach your jack and tire iron without taking your subs out.

4th gens are fun!
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote