View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 03:57 PM   #26
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by wAnTtOsTrEeTrAcE
YEAH ! Stare at it.... hey how much would a ticket go for driving this bad boy on the streets not legal?

it would be driving without registration, without insurance, without proper safty devices, a non street legal car, improper emmisions devices... the tickets would go on.

as far as importing it. if it hasnt been crash tested in america, dont even bother. the RHD OEM JDM version will have to have 2 from that generation sent to detriot to get crash tested. a front and side impact. then the airbag sensors will be wrong(yes they do have airbags in japan, just the sensors deply different than US standards) you will have to replance the glass i believe(not DOT approved safty glass), theres a chance that theres a structual difference and you would need to have more structual support. it takes ALOT to get a car street legal in america. it will have to meet the USDM standard for the year car it is in order to be street legal. i have looked into this, its cheaper to buy the car already assembled in japan, get it choped in half, shipped over, and put everything onto a doner car in america. and i know what skylines had to go through to get made street legal. it cost ken(owner) at motorex almost $1,000,000 to get the r32 r33 and r34 street legal here in america

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote