Thread: Cougar VS Si
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 03:11 PM   #29
lucky

[quote]Originally posted by T_Si
[b]Well Lucky the question is how lucky do you feel. Its going to take a lot more than a lightly modded Cougar to even keep up with me much less beat me. So keep on modding your Cougar, even add that turbo , for you never know you might get lucky.

Response= Hehehe, take it easy there!! Besides i cant buy anything else, im maxed out w/ boltons! AND, ive never been called lightly modded Cougar, your the first.

Since there's no such thing as a 1998 Si, I would probably guess that you raced a lowly Sohc EX or Dx, with maybe a Air filter and a big muffler. So don't get so hyped up over small fry, the big one got away.

Response= Thats funny because i have ran a ex before, beat him by more than 10 car lengths(ouch). Your right im not up w/ the dates Si's were made just giving a uneducated geuss. Sorry, ill be more correct next time.

I'am wondering if you are going to upgrade the internals, like low compression forged pistons and stonger rods, etc. If you do this, and go with the turbo option, you will make good power.

Response= Ummm, if you looked up the 2000 2.5l it is only running 8:2:1 compression W/ forged pistons. Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!! No need to do anything w/ the compression, i want my motor to run awhile so im keeping my compression down, thats the smartest thing to do if running boost, or nitrous!! Besides, the Cougar on Neco forums that has a turbo is pushing 300 HP (yes thats w/ dyno proof), and its just a little turbo (8psi?)! Not that im going to be pushing that much but w/ the shot of nitrous ill be runnung down (maybe) Camaro ss! Not Si's! Now dont take me personally, im not bashing your car at all, i like Si's, i just think they are overated(sometimes). Maybe after i get the MGA motor swapped out you can race it