View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 12:02 AM   #17
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by silver
actually nissan's lose closer 20%. In stock form I was putting 139 to the wheels. The 170 is with i/h/e and pulleys.

toyota's have the least loss through the drivetrain, you should check out the numbers on the new celicas.

FIRST OFF YOU OUTDROVE THAT TURBO AND I GIVE YOU RESPECT and its not that bad to get hustled by a car that only gets you by 1 car, HELL TRY LOSING 100 BUCKS TO A 11 second 550BHP SUBARU WRX WITH "INTAKE AND EXHAUST"!!!! least your smart enough not to run for money. i do have some questions about the SUPPOSSED PERFORMANCE GAINS on your car though :

1.although ill admit im not very well informed of the nissans aftermarket i can almost guarentee that those 3 mods arnt gonna net you 31fwhp unless you were forced induction (to begin with) and then some...

2. with cam upgrades like you mentioned before your gonna be hardpressed to gain that much TQ at the wheels IF ANY AT FREAKING ALL, because with cams (AND HIGH REVVING MOTORS TO BEGIN WITH) you sacrifice tq for high end hp and if you can get a gain of about 50tq @ THE WHEELS (IM ASSUMING 150fwtq STOCK) WITH CAMS I/H/E and most importantly over 70fwhp from those 4 mods then MUCH MORE PEOPLE woulda bought a nissan, thats just ludicrious

P.S. LIKE I SAID I AM NOT THAT MUCH INFORMED ABOUT THE NISSAN MOTOR, BUT IT CANT BE THAT FREAKING DETUNED IN STOCK FORM and still make 175hp.... not to mention the tq gains from a cam are optomistic by about 40

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote