View Single Post
Old 11-19-2001, 12:10 PM   #1
97lude

Barely edged out a SATURN, WTF!!!

Saturday night on my way home from watching the FSU vs. UF game--worst game ever!! I passed a local car club meeting. They all look as I pass and I hit a red light about 30 yards down the street. All of a sudden I see a bluish headlights come flying out the parking lot. Light turns green and I head out normally to try and give this car time to catch up. The next stoplight turns yellow, I slow and look over. It was a white Saturn 2 door. I kind of laughed it off and figured hey if he wants some, so be it. I rev up to 4k for a mild street launch look over at him and just then he purges. Ok, now me might have something so I raise the rpms up to 5500 and hold there. Light goes green I slip the clutch and I take take several car lengths by the time I shift into 2nd. I hit 3rd and he starts to pull. By the end of 3rd his nose it at my door and we stay like that until I shut it down in 4th. I slow down and ask him what shot. He says fifty, I laugh and say "no, what are you really running" the guy laughs and says a 70 shot. That was the fastest Saturn I've ever seen. IF he knew how to launch he would have beat me.