View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
MoneyToSpend

89 XR7 Cougar VS. looks like 96/97 Acura(Honda) Integra

Im the friend with the Supercharged Cougar. I have a recent kill story that i would like to share with you ppl...

A couple nights ago, coming home from friends house, i pulled up next to a Acura(Honda) Integra. It looked fast, i mean, it had the body kit, the rims, the laughably high spoiler, and all the other goodies that honda owners put on their cars to look fast. My car on the other hand, is stock. I mean, the day that it came out of the factory with all the stuff on it, yeah, nothing had been done to it...it looks like a grandma/grandpa car.....only normal maintanence. anyway, the integra driver looks at me, and smiles like they were going to beat me. light turns green, we go, i pass it up in first gear, and stop dragging when speedo hits 60, basically, just shifting to second for me....4 sec later, the integra passes by me, the driver looking at me, giving me a smile....like they had beat me...i basically just step on the gas when that happened, passed them up again, and didnt see them after that.

question is: why do ppl make the outside look fast, but never touch the engine?
next question: how come the little 2500 lb car didnt whoop my ass? my car is almost 5000 lbs , all i have under the hood is the stock 3.8l v6 supercharged motor. the integra shouldve had the VTEC right? again, why didnt he beat me? he didnt even touch me in the race...