View Single Post
Old 01-04-2003, 03:57 PM   #42
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Slip
I call BS on all that shit you just said.....So you tryin to tell me that a stock non-supercharged Cobra is faster than a stock Camaro SS????.....I think not.

I know your a Mustang man an all but your numbers are quite optimisic from the actual facts.

The 96-98 Cobras runs low 14's, the 99-00 Cobras run 14 flat, and the mid 94-95 Cobras were running high 14's. It pretty widely known that Ford f*cked up on the early 90's Cobra's(along with the 94-98GT's) and alot of mid 90's to late 90'sCobras suffered from missing hp from the factory. Many Cobra owners reported this, even magazine companies reported this on their road test. This problem was not fixed untill 99.

yea unfortunately new cobras non supercharged do do mid 13's, ive seen it at ENGLISHTOWN NEW JERSEY, and even car + driver, and ROad and track verify it.... sorry about the ls1 though, mags only say it does high 13's but stock you can get 12's out of em....
the late 96-98 cobras only did 14.0 stock... havent seen 13's outta em.. but ive actually seen a sprayed 97 mystic cobra at the track only do 13.7 LOFL with a 50shot....

and as for the mid 90's COBRAs... they were UNDERRATED, YES UNDERRATED..... because the stock 5.0 had 225hp AND RESPONDS WELL TO MODS, the COBRA VERSION OF THE MOTOR HAD a bigger CAM( MORE HP), GT-40 HEADS (MORE HP), 1.72 roller rockers for .30 more lift (MORE HP), and FRPP cobra 5.0 intake manifold upper andlower (MORE HP)..... so your on drugs if you think CAM, INTAKE, AND HEADS give only 20 hp.....

the missing hp can be found in the 99 only cobras INTAKE MANIFOLD which explains the LACK OF 00 COBRAS DRIVING AROUND.... CAUSE THERE ARE NONE! FORD TAKES PRIDE IN quality and will go to that extent to help save face even if they lose massive money

UNLIKE CHEVY ON THE OTHER HAND that let people die before going to court and then ARGUEING and then finally changing on there own anyway... (ANYONE REMEMBER THE PICKUP TRUCKS WITH THE GAS TANK OVER THE FRAME RAILS???)

you act like you know about ford but you actually need to do your homework...

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote