View Single Post
Old 12-29-2002, 10:27 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

hes saying by SC the d16 youre gonna hit the "tuning barrier" where youre not gonna get any more hp. If you swap youre gonna get roughly the same amount of hp out of the swapped engine as if you were to sc the d16 (equal amount of hp) but if you do a swap you could always tune the swapped engine and create more hp later if you decide.

A super charger is also a dead end FI machine where you cannot increase the boost somewhere down the road, where as with a turbo you can very easily (sometimes you will have to strengthen the engine internals to handle that increase in boost and power but my point is a turbo is...expandable )

I say do the swap but it also depends on what you want this car to do. I am having a similar problem too. Do I turbo my ex or swap it for a b16a2...I am now leaning on the turbo'd ex just because its faster and I can always upgrade to better internals slowly and a piece at a time where if I swapped I have to shell out the $2k plus shipping all at once...and that is not very economical in my scenario.

well now that I rambled...I say again, perhaps a swap is better hp wise but it may not be as economical...and is pretty damn extreme.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote