Thread: Interior paint
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2002, 02:22 PM   #6
blind34_1

on the newer civics, it may be different, but most of the vent peices pop out, using two screwdrivers. I'm currently doing my g/f's del sol, and I just used two screwdrviers and worked em out. The only problem is you usually don't know were the tabs are (the things that keep tghe vents in) and often times you'll break em off. Just be patient and work slow. Stuff you'll need:

JB Weld , for when you do break peices.

Two or three screwdrivers, two flats for removing vents, the other for unscrewing certain parts.

2-3 cans of paint, I go to walmart and buy krylon. I've had good results with it, or go to Advance Auto and buy Vinyl Color. It works on plastic. Autozone sucks.

A can of clearcoat, if you want the shiny look.

newspaper and cardboard, set newspaper on cardboard and tape that stuff down! Theres nothing worse than having the perfect paint job and then the wind ruins it by blowing newspaper onto them!

Spray outside, let it dry in the garage. Do MANY coats. I did 5 to 6 coats on mine. I don't mean just go nuts, I mean hold the can about a foot and a half away, and do light strokes. This whole process could take a few days. BE PATIENT and dont rush, or you will regret it.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote