HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Kid on the Block (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   I'm new here!!! =D (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9969)

XxxDJFrostxxX 12-03-2002 06:03 PM

I'm new here!!! =D

Hi, I'm new here. This is only my second post. I had a 1996 Accord LX about a month ago. I was driving along the road on a rainy day when I suddenly hit a puddle. A big one at that. At that time I had a cold air intake installed. Unfortunately when I hit the puddle, the cold air intake decided to suck in cold water. Bad bad bad. So that was the end of my piston rods.

If that was the worst you think that happened, hear this. Some friends of mine who were also leaving school as I was saw my car broke down. They stopped to help me out. We pushed the car to the curb and parked it LEAGALLY.

They then took me to a Jack In The Box where I called a friend to pick me up. When he picked me up, we went back to my house. After a couple of hours we went back to my car to try to start it up. It didn't start. We then called a tow truck. We waited by my car for about 2 hours and the damn truck never showed up.

We then decided to forget it and left for a while.

We returned in the evening and as we aproached my car, there was a cop there. We drove by slowly and noticed that there was another car infront of the cop. We assumed that he was just giving the Pontiac Grand AM a ticket.

So we busted a U and pulled up behind my car. I stared at it and noticed that it was taller than usual. Then I looked again and I noticed that my car was excessively close to the curb. I looked closer and realized that the back left section of my car was missing. My car had just gotten raped. It was rear ended so bad that the chasis twisted. With this, the car was unrepairable. The insurance then gave us $8000 for "Becky" (My 96 Accord) and we used that to get me "Shirley" (My 2002 Accord DX).

I still like my old car better, but I guess I'm stuck. Well just thought I'd give all of you my automotive history.

Civic_Time 12-03-2002 06:21 PM

sorry to hear that dude. oh well welcome to HS!

ShEaNy 12-03-2002 07:48 PM

LOL Welcome to HS....i love the car names...:yes: thats to bad about ur 96 though..:pukey :crazy:

Honda530 12-03-2002 09:24 PM

thats too bad about your 96 accord;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(
I have one myself,but on the bright side 8000 for an accord is sweet hehe. At least you got a new car.

94_AcCoRd_EX 12-03-2002 11:55 PM

Welcome to HS :cool: At least you ended up with another Accord.

XxxDJFrostxxX 12-04-2002 12:29 AM

Yeah but I like my 96 so much more. The new one is a DX = (.

No Power Windows
No Power Locks
No Power Windows
No Air Conditioning
No VTEC

In LA, AIR CONDITIONING is required here.

But yeah I'm planning to save up my money when I get older and buy back another 1997 Accord EX and fix that up.

94_AcCoRd_EX 12-04-2002 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by XxxDJFrostxxX
Yeah but I like my 96 so much more. The new one is a DX = (.

No Power Windows
No Power Locks
No Power Windows
No Air Conditioning
No VTEC

In LA, AIR CONDITIONING is required here.

But yeah I'm planning to save up my money when I get older and buy back another 1997 Accord EX and fix that up.

Damn, its hot as hell down there. You need AC for sure. I'm with you, I just love the looks of the 5th gens. :bow:

ebpda9 12-04-2002 07:13 AM

sorry to hear that dude.