HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Others (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   broken timing belt, bent valves? (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6625)

foxygrandma 08-10-2002 10:14 PM

broken timing belt, bent valves?

i am looking to buy a 91 crx si. the timing belt is broken and i am wondering if the valves hit the pistons. does anyone know if they wil hit on that motor. i need to know asap. any help is appretiated

ebpda9 08-10-2002 11:46 PM

answer in the my car is broken forum

ChrisCantSkate 08-12-2002 06:50 PM

well, compression test it, if it dosnt hold compression, its either got bent valves leaking head gasket or bad piston rings. theres a chance they wont bend, but theres a chance they will.

foxygrandma 08-12-2002 09:04 PM

i bought the car anyway. hopefully nothing is wrong. if so i am off to the junk yard for an engine. i have had pretty goo luck there.

KwikR6 08-14-2002 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by foxygrandma
i bought the car anyway. hopefully nothing is wrong. if so i am off to the junk yard for an engine. i have had pretty goo luck there.
I got here late..but keep us informed....

ebpda9 08-14-2002 06:31 AM

Quote:

usually hondas that get in a junk yard are not there for engine problems, any other shit but not the engine

foxygrandma 08-14-2002 07:19 AM

hopefully i can let you know what kind of shape the engine is in today.the car is being delivered today. cant wait to get it, i havent been able to sleep since i bought it. lol. i have a motor swap in mind for the future but that will be at least 6 months. i eed it as a daily driver. i work off commision an with how slow things are lately my bimer is too expensive.

ChrisCantSkate 08-14-2002 07:52 AM

just buy a ZC or a old b16a they go for under 1500 and have ALOT more power than anything that comes stock in a crx.

foxygrandma 08-14-2002 09:18 PM

eventally i plan to put a b18 in with a turbo. but for now justfor basic transportation i a going to find something easy and reliable untill i can afford to do that. when i do it i am going to do it right with a complete rebuild wih balanced crank and things of the like. so that will be at least 6 months, so i have to do the cheap thing for a while.

foxygrandma 08-31-2002 09:09 AM

ok, i found out that all the intake valves were bent. its all fixed and running great. i cant believe how much fun this car is to drive. i have been driving an 84 bmx 318i for the past year and now that im back in a honda i am a million times happier. i really like the bimmer but the crx is so much fun to drive. damn thing barks the tires going into 3rd!!!! and its all stock.

KwikR6 08-31-2002 11:31 AM

Quote:

ok, i found out that all the intake valves were bent. its all fixed and running great. i cant believe how much fun this car is to drive. i have been driving an 84 bmx 318i for the past year and now that im back in a honda i am a million times happier. i really like the bimmer but the crx is so much fun to drive. damn thing barks the tires going into 3rd!!!! and its all stock.
Good to hear..!!!!

B16A2DelSlo 09-08-2002 07:05 PM

That timing belt problem just happened to my friend. I find it hilarious since he just put that engine in after blowing his other one. His car is slowly turning into a piece of crap. He owns a 95 del sol and his carbon fiber hood is all patches of scratches, and his really ugly aluminum wing is off center about 3 inches to the right. Well I just bought my 93 del sol s and i love it. Way more fun than a crx i think. I wanted a crx for a while but then this car came up, and i jumped on it. I'm thinking that a jdm b16a2 would be my best choice. (that is a ways away yet because i am doing more mods to the stereo, body, and overall appearance first) well laters.

foxygrandma 09-09-2002 09:16 AM

i hear that the del sol's are kinda heavy. i would think you could make a crx faster. i considered getting a del sol but then i ended up getting a bmw 318i. it was a lot of fun but way too much money. the crx is just as fast and can be worked on with a lot less money.

KwikR6 09-09-2002 12:00 PM

Del Sols are heavier......
as for the JDM B16A2 comment...there is no such thing as that engine....the USDM is a B16A2...but the JDM is just a B16A

B16A2DelSlo 09-11-2002 01:02 PM

My Bad. And well, I was looking around and i found one somewhere. Must have been trying to rip peeps off. Thanks.

B16A2DelSlo 09-11-2002 01:10 PM

Well the del sol is a heavier car. Factory weight I think is 2300 lb. And I meant to put my car down as an Si. How can I change that? I wanted a CRX for a while and then this car came up, and I think I won't ever get rid of it. What kind of engines are in the del sol si's? I looked to find it but there is too much stuff blocking my view, and i dont want to rip it up just to find out. Thanks

ebpda9 09-11-2002 01:42 PM

i think you have a d16 something

http://4thgenaccord.8m.net/enginecodes.htm

crxb16hybrid 09-16-2002 08:45 AM

I would say piss on the b16a go for the gsr motor.....this kid i know has one and dam that thing screams......But on the other note they are preety heavy but fun to drive my moms has a 94 I drive it now and again for a little change in things......Well any whooooo hope you enjoy your new ride and good luck on it....

Oh also check in sports compact they had a bad ass del sol in there ....That should give you some ideas...