HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interior Modifications (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   LED or Indiglo gauge needles (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6374)

fadednite 07-24-2002 07:13 PM

LED or Indiglo gauge needles

Does anyone know where I can get these? I've looked into it and there are kits that turn your existing clear needles into indiglos but what if you have solid white needles like my car? Its a 97 civic EX. The reason behind this is that I just installed reverse indiglo face gauges from AC Autotechnic and at night its sometimes hard to see the needles. Can anyone help???

fadednite 08-06-2002 07:12 AM

does nobody on HS have an answer!?!

XdiscontensionX 08-06-2002 07:52 AM

i'm having a similar problem, only i have orange factory needles... doesn't looks so hot w/ blue indiglo. i'll let you know if i find anything.

ebpda9 08-06-2002 09:51 AM

no clue. i have the regular gauges and i don't have a problem seeing the needles.

accorrdd 08-07-2002 02:06 AM

lolz me too...OEM gauges and there's no problem seeing the needle!!:)

fadednite 08-07-2002 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by accorrdd

but ugly as all hell.

azn_nite_ryder 08-08-2002 01:15 PM

whoa.. changing the the needles??? now thats would be a lot of work.... personally i have never seen the kit.... its wuold be wierd cuz you can remove the needle off so how would you be able to swtich the existing needle to a new one???
maybe i just need to see the kit before i start believing its true... :bandit:

XdiscontensionX 08-08-2002 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The kits use the factory needles, so they have to be lexan based or they won't work. basically all these kits do is change the bulbs that illuminate them. also, if you have colored needles, the kit will still work as long as the needles are painted from the back.

i haven't been able to find replacement needles anywhere yet so if yours aren't clear or aren't painted from the back i think you're out of luck.

ebpda9 08-23-2002 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by accorrdd

no i have regular indiglos, not regular gauges. anyway i'm about to take them out and do some led modifications or black light to the the cluster

Whtehnda93DXSdn 08-29-2002 01:07 PM

for the pic that was posted up w/ the glowing needles I saw the DIY on that as to how it was done but I can;t find the link for it anymore. there is quite a bit that has to be done and you place LED's behind the needles to have them light up. Not to mention pain the needles so they will glow more as well.

I'll keep my eyes out for the DIY on it though....

foxygrandma 08-29-2002 07:32 PM

i would be really interested in seeing how to do that too. i hope someone knows or has a link to see how to do it