HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronics/Sound/Security Systems (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Josh's System (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55)

2ndGenTeg 08-30-2001 05:55 AM

Josh's System

Hehe.. I can never pass up a chance to post pics of my system.

(Fotki has decided to charge for their services. Pictures can be found at http://images.fotki.com/2ndGenTeg/car_pics)

It might all be going soon, though. I'm thinking of gutting my backseat and upgrading almost everything. We'll see what happens.

Accord Man 08-30-2001 08:20 AM

Pretty nice!!

What are you planning on going with for the upgrade?

:cool:

2000Pimpinex 09-03-2001 05:11 PM

I like your setup. Nice choice of products.

Addict 09-03-2001 11:22 PM

If you gut your backseat won't your girl be upset? J/K;)

Good choice in equipment.....

acuradriva 09-03-2001 11:32 PM

the links didn't work. check out mine. link in sig

SPEED 10-28-2001 01:10 PM

pretty nice...

the round solos are 1 of the best sounding subs to ever come out

Whtehnda93DXSdn 11-26-2001 01:19 AM

it indeed looks very nice. You have some good work done.

What is the possible upgrade goin to be to? I have to also ask since the ? hasn't been answered...::yes::

thanks for sharing...

93chromeacc 12-05-2001 02:42 PM

Yeah I like that, especially the amps...VERY GOOD QUAL. I think upgrade wise u can't really beat it by much. I'd keep the amps and just get 2 of the new square solo's and ride wit it. I like the "boxy" look...(that's why I have a 4th gen accord)

2ndGenTeg 12-05-2001 04:02 PM

Yeah, most of it is definitely going. I'm keeping the Kenwood deck and changer as well as the Three.1. Speakers are either going to be A/D/S 2 or 3 series or Diamond Audio M3 or M5. I'm going with 4 12s- either JL or Diamond. As for amps, I'm still undecided. I may just keep what I have, or wait for Diamond to come out with their D class. If I decide to spend more money than I should, I may end up with some Zapco Competition stuff.

The backseat is going. Full vinyl box with plexi windows on top, subs firing towards the trunk. Amp racks with a removable plexi cover on the front side of the box, facing the front seats. Removable covers for all the windows, so I don't have to worry when I park it.

ETA????? Depends on if I build my motor first.:rolleyes:

93chromeacc 12-05-2001 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
Yeah, most of it is definitely going. I'm keeping the Kenwood deck and changer as well as the Three.1. Speakers are either going to be A/D/S 2 or 3 series or Diamond Audio M3 or M5. I'm going with 4 12s- either JL or Diamond. As for amps, I'm still undecided. I may just keep what I have, or wait for Diamond to come out with their D class. If I decide to spend more money than I should, I may end up with some Zapco Competition stuff.

The backseat is going. Full vinyl box with plexi windows on top, subs firing towards the trunk. Amp racks with a removable plexi cover on the front side of the box, facing the front seats. Removable covers for all the windows, so I don't have to worry when I park it.

ETA????? Depends on if I build my motor first.:rolleyes:

I'd go with the JL's seeing that it'll be open. They sound real clean in the open. Then again I don't really know too much about Diamond woofers. But I doubt they are comparible to JLs

2ndGenTeg 12-05-2001 04:23 PM

No, it'll be a sealed enclosure. I would never do anything else.

Diamond Audio is awesome gear. Not too many people have heard their stuff. Their M5 separates are comparable to the A/D/S 3 series, and the Hex Series are comparable to DynAudio.

As for the woofers, they pound, and are incredibly clean. The M3s sound very comaparable to the W6, and are much more power efficient and quite a bit cheaper. The M5s are better, and the MacDaddys are aptly named. If you've never heard them before, go to www.diamondaudio.com, find your closest dealer and give them a listen. You'll be impressed.

93chromeacc 12-05-2001 04:27 PM

There's a dealer bout 4 minutes from where I sit at right now, but everytime I go up there they only have Diamond components and stuff, never woofers. They carry Memphis woofers.