HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fast and Furious Females (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   sHoW, dRaG oR aUtO-X?? (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336)

pReLuDe-gUrL 09-15-2001 07:59 PM

sHoW, dRaG oR aUtO-X??

LADIES~
Show, Drag racing or auto-X? Which do you prefer to watch, if this applies - which do you prefer to do? (times?)

-I've never drag raced with this car before, i think i still have a few mods to do in order to avoid getting my butt whipped! ;) lol But as for auto-X i love it! I have all the suspension goodies i need to enjoy it! As for which one i prefer to watch, i don't have a favorite...but has anyone seen the REAL TIME Integra type Rs ever race? Dang those cars are insane!!!! (not to mention the race track looks extra cool when you add 6 fluorescent orange tegs on it!) As far as show...i love it! But i must admit, i often wonder what people are on when they decide to put things on their cars! haha... but to each his own. Again, my car couldn't even begin to compete in a show, not yet anyways!!! :D WATCH OUT WORLD!!! :cool:

Hyper2endless 09-16-2001 12:20 AM

Personally, I like Show better. Its the atmosphere.
But I also like the drags too.
I go to both, most likely you'll see a car show at the drags too.

2ndGenTeg 09-16-2001 02:10 AM

-IMO-

Go first. Because if you've got the show, you better have the go to back it up. Otherwise you're gonna get laughed at when you get spanked by a sleeper.

Auto-X is great. When I'm frustrated as all hell or need to unwind for any reason, I go canyon carving through the mountains. Nothing better than feeling the back end just barely slipping away through a turn, then taking it the other way into the next.

Drag and Auto-X go hand in hand. I say decide what directin you want to go with your engine. Start work on the engine, and somewhere in the middle get suspension done. Then finish your engine build. Show comes last.

2000_Honda_Si 09-17-2001 05:57 PM

DRAG! :D

grl_racer 09-18-2001 05:38 PM

well.. can i choose all the the above?

i like drag... although there is a lot more i need done to the car...

i like show..

and autoX is awesome as well..

i like em all..

just like a woman.. indecisive!! :)

Addict 09-18-2001 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
-IMO-

Go first. Because if you've got the show, you better have the go to back it up. Otherwise you're gonna get laughed at when you get spanked by a sleeper.

That's exactly what I preach. You may have the best looking car, but when I roll up you better have more than colored hoses & caps on that engine.....;)

Accord Man 09-20-2001 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Civic_Addict

That's exactly what I preach. You may have the best looking car, but when I roll up you better have more than colored hoses & caps on that engine.....;)

Well said!

Here's what I value:
1- Go
2- Sound
3- Show

:cool:

Big James 09-20-2001 11:08 AM

I do all three with my car. I auto-x with SCCA when I am not at work, I drag whenever I actually have time to get to the track (not much this year), and I show too. I like all three. I would not want to give any of them up.

thermal 09-21-2001 11:19 PM

"GO" and a little "show". but i always concentrate on "GO"

turbod97ex 09-22-2001 12:10 AM

I think this forum needs more GIRLS! That's what I think. :)

thermal 09-22-2001 09:55 PM

Show, Drag racing or auto-X?.....girls....he he he he...j/k:)

turbod97ex 09-23-2001 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
Show, Drag racing or auto-X?.....girls....he he he he...j/k:)
Well Auto-XXX of course :)

thermal 09-23-2001 11:18 AM

Quote:

...........Auto-XXX ........

bwha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

pReLuDe-gUrL 09-23-2001 11:35 AM

hahha, that is really funny! I didnt notice it until thermalfi'd16 pointed it out! :D

Well, since this is on the topic of racing, i went to the Cali Speedway yesterday and watched the drags! I did a few (15second) ride alongs, but didn't race my car. I had planned to do the auto X, but the days got changed. Anyways, it was really fun! Did anyone else happen to go this weekend???

thermal 09-23-2001 11:56 AM

i would've, but i live in chicago....he he he. anyway prelude gurl, what is your next mod? just wondering since you're the only one i know here who prefers auto-X (.....single X:)).

IntegraChik 09-27-2001 10:37 AM

go....DEFINATLY...go!

Impact23 10-11-2001 04:48 PM

Why not do all 3. I go to shows, and to the track. But it takes it's toll on you and the car. What good is it to have a showy lookin car with no "go" behind it right. FI is next on my agenda for the car but right now I run a 15.2 (full interior)@91mph. Keep in mind I have added weight to my car with the kit and stereo equipment too. Cant wait to hear that Vortech though. :D

KwikR6 10-15-2001 08:15 PM

I mean I am a HUGE fan or show....bekause that's when the car's look good. I detail cars. and I appreciate when cars look good. BUT you can make your car look as good as you want to, but if it don't go to back up the look. Then ya got a problem. As far as drags go....Hell yeah and auto-x both kick a$$ I'm sure anyone that likes cars likes them all.:bandit:

pReLuDe-gUrL 10-21-2001 05:42 PM

thermalfi'd16 actually... my next mod will probably be the OEM lip kit... changing it up a bit and adding some *show* =)
*** i auto-Xed this weekend!!! Tore up the track! I had such a blast!!!! I will post up the pics later this week..took out a ton of cones on my first run, did some drifting :) ... and even had a phat spin out! lol.. :D I CANT w8 TO GO AGIN!!! YeeeeeeHOOooOoOO!!!!***

OneDopeTeg 11-12-2001 11:43 PM

I want it all yo......show-go-autox.....I will be there one day.....I swear it :)

pReLuDe-gUrL 11-12-2001 11:47 PM

hmmmmm i really should amend this title and add "Road Racing".. hehe ::yes::

Whtehnda93DXSdn 11-19-2001 11:19 AM

Show w/ some Go to set off alittle...

ChrisCantSkate 11-19-2001 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
****, i wrote a whole thing out and it didnt submit, ok shortend version: i like my car, i like performance, shows nice but can get too expensive for some stuff that isnt really worth it. i like clean perfomance cars, i like my car, i like how anyone and everyone from ferrari owners to reandom ppl on the street compliment my car

KwikR6 11-19-2001 07:55 PM

must be nice hey?