HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Kid on the Block (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Newbie: i dont like Custom Cat-backs (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2855)

Honda Type R 02-08-2002 09:18 PM

Newbie: i dont like Custom Cat-backs

Well ne one who likes the custom cat-back wid a unverisal muffler is there opinion, but for me i like good high qaulity stuff cuz i was a lost soul and lost 300 buks to a custom cat -back exhaust cus it was tooo loud for mah liking. So im more likely going for a GReddy Evo suttin that is very good qaulity that i wont have exhange out. but that is mah 2 cents how i feel bout custom cat back exhaust... to me its going the cheaper way out wen u could have a decent exhaust system.... Well enough babbling here... im new and im jus expressin mah experience thru those systems. also its good to be on a baord wid helpful ppl and so forth.... now im out

slowEJ6 02-08-2002 09:23 PM

alrighty......

welcome to the site.

94_AcCoRd_EX 02-08-2002 09:30 PM

OK, welcome to HS :cool:

Honda Type R 02-08-2002 09:46 PM

Sorrie for comin off like a jerk i jus had bad experiences wid those.... as of rhye now i got those black leak spots thats at the weildin points and i get horrible gas mileage cuz it leaks.... well thanxs for welcomin me im loookin forward to learn more stuff... I'm going for the sleeper look hoping ill be able to do a Type-R head wid a ls bottom wid a Drag GenIII turbo kit... so im plannin to do something unique and interesting... hehehe;)

slowEJ6 02-08-2002 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Honda Type R
Sorrie for comin off like a jerk i jus had bad experiences wid those.... as of rhye now i got those black leak spots thats at the weildin points and i get horrible gas mileage cuz it leaks.... well thanxs for welcomin me im loookin forward to learn more stuff... I'm going for the sleeper look hoping ill be able to do a Type-R head wid a ls bottom wid a Drag GenIII turbo kit... so im plannin to do something unique and interesting... hehehe;)

good luck with your setup man....mod you might want to move this to New Kid On The Block :yes:

94_AcCoRd_EX 02-08-2002 10:00 PM

Sounds like you'll have a great setup when all's said and done. Good luck.

Honda Type R 02-08-2002 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Sounds like you'll have a great setup when all's said and done. Good luck.

UR very rhye 94_AcCoRd_EX cuz thats gonna be one hella of a project rhye there too... but the process gonna be hard and imma need all the help imma gonna get

94_AcCoRd_EX 02-08-2002 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Honda Type R

UR very rhye 94_AcCoRd_EX cuz thats gonna be one hella of a project rhye there too... but the process gonna be hard and imma need all the help imma gonna get

Well, I think you'll find just about all the help you need right here. There are many very knowledgeable on this board.

Accord Man 02-09-2002 03:32 PM

Hi! Welcome to the board..

Got any pics of your ride?? And whats with the funky spelling? ;)

Moving to New Kid On The Block..

Honda Type R 02-09-2002 06:45 PM

No pics im lazy but once it gets going ill up some pics very soon i promise you all that

SiSpeed2000 02-09-2002 06:56 PM

welcome to HS!

BrandonClaps 02-10-2002 02:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
sorry but this has to be used, mods if it's againsts the rules sorry, just remove it ;D

slowEJ6 02-10-2002 11:57 AM

nice one man, hehe

spankaveli 02-10-2002 05:05 PM

i paid 150 for my custom catback. it performs exactly like my evo did on my si, but to each his own

Whtehnda93DXSdn 02-12-2002 04:13 PM

Man I agree Engrish would be great.....I mean something you come into when you have a custom exhaust done they normally don't put a resonator and in turn that makes it a little louder than a true cat back system will have that and make it the way you want it and not so loud...

it really depends n what you want and how they do the welding...:yes: ;)

Incubus 02-13-2002 07:22 PM

Cat backs kick ass but get a quality one. Greddy, HKS, A'PEXi, those are all good ones. Just don't get a muffler to put on your stocker! That sucks!