HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prelude (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   '92 Prelude Si and $700 (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2304)

wakesnowboarder 01-13-2002 02:35 PM

'92 Prelude Si and $700

What would be the most cost effective mods I could do to my prelude with $700, and what brands of each.

ChrisCantSkate 01-13-2002 04:02 PM

aem cold air intake, ground control coilovers kyb adjustable shock.

-or-

aem cold air intake, and a tanabe or greddy cat back exuast of your choise

slowEJ6 01-13-2002 09:02 PM

id go with a custom CAI, Ractive muffler with custom piping AND the lowering springs/shocks. you could get all 3 for about $700. yeah i know im very smart.

Accord Man 01-14-2002 09:15 AM

What do you want to work on?

Suspension, AUdio, engine, body???

cantdrive55 01-15-2002 12:14 AM

CAI, RS*R catback, oh wait, I only spent $560 on those... ;) Another 313 for a header that is on backorder too.

wakesnowboarder 01-15-2002 02:43 PM

Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific. I already have some pretty nice racing shocks. I am looking for parts to increase torque/horse power.

Thanks for the replies...I'm definitely going with AEM cold air intake. What is the best place to buy from? I also agree that I should get a catback, which brand is best? Sorry if this is a stupid question but, what is a CAI. I would also like to get new guages.

Also, I am smart, but I don't know too much about cars, could I install the AEM intake myself? Also, a ballpark figure of what installation costs would be for the catback would be much appreciated.

Thank you guys for the input it really helps...let's hear some more opinions.

94_AcCoRd_EX 01-15-2002 03:00 PM

You can install the AEM CAI yourself, and a good place to get deals is www.groupbuycenter.com

ChrisCantSkate 01-15-2002 06:18 PM

Cold Air Intake ;)

as far as brand of cat back, i think RS*R, tanabe, or greddy are your best bets. you could get an apex'i jun, sppon ext muffler and get custom 2.5 piping from cat back. another good hp adder i'd say a header. i love the greddy one and thats what i'd get if i was to do it again. but dc sports and nuespeed also make good headers for our cars. some ppl like the header more than the exaust, its upto you what you want really. the exaust also looks good, so its kinda upto you what one you want.

cantdrive55 01-16-2002 01:36 AM

well, just to aid in your decision making, the cat-back exhaust didn't give me a noticeable gain in power, feeling wise, it only helped my 1/4 mile time by about a tenth or so. If you want power, go for the AEM CAI (cold air intake) and a header. I just ordered a DC CC, they're supposed to give us Si lude owners about 8 HP to the wheels. I ordered my header from morepowerracing.com for 313 shipped, and got my intake through lightningmotorsports through a groupbuy for 190 shipped. Got my RS*R cat-back for 370, had to pick it up, but you won't find one, not a new one anyway, I just happened to get DAMN lucky. And Chris, that's nice that you like your greddy, they don't make a header for the H23. :mad:

ChrisCantSkate 01-17-2002 11:51 AM

ive got a dc sports CC header, i just said i'd RATHER have the greddy