HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   PLZ help! SRS lights stays on? (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2280)

RiteshP24 01-12-2002 04:14 PM

PLZ help! SRS lights stays on?

My maintanence req'd light has been comin on recently , just blinking though and then turns off when i start the engine. Its been doin that for a month now i guess. I insalled some new gauges in my car two days ago and the maint light did the same... but then i had to take my gauges out again today to recalibrate the needles...then i put the gauges back in..and it was the same...teh maint req'd light did the same...theni took it out again and recalibated the needles and it seems to be workin properly now....but now the maint req'd light stays on even when the engine is running...AND the SRS light stays on as well...
i reseted the maint req'd light so it went off...so only the SRS light is still on....do u all know why it may be on? i doubt it's b/c i took the gauges in and out..b/c i've done htat like 4 other times and it never did that before...but what do u guys think???
thanks...
-ritesh

p.s I re-checked the wiring in the gauge and each wire cluster is connected in the correct port...so i don't know wat the problem is.

Accord Man 01-12-2002 05:27 PM

Welcome to HS!

I'm not very familiar with these type of problems.. But I think you might have accidentally tampered with one of the sensors mounted in the dash..

In which case, I think you gotta take it to a certified tech.

But like I said. I'm really not sure.

RiteshP24 01-12-2002 07:38 PM

thanks for the welcome...
o, ok...coo

Accord Man 01-12-2002 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RiteshP24
thanks for the welcome...
o, ok...coo

Like I said, I'm not sure..

So you should wait for someother peeps to reply.

ebpda9 01-13-2002 01:44 AM

the maintenace red light is hooked up to your ECU and goes off according to the mileage. As soon you go over a certain amount of miles it will go off. What is the mileage on your car ? At what mileage did it start blinking ?

About the SRS light there is nothing you can do. Airbags "ARE NOT SERVICEABLE" Take it to your honda dealer and tell them to fix it. Mainly the SRS system is composed from 3 sensors (2 in the bumper, and one on the steering column), and a small tank of sodium azide which is highly toxic.

What year is your car ?

ebpda9 01-13-2002 01:45 AM

ohh i forgot: WELCOME from another ACCORD brother !;)

RiteshP24 01-13-2002 11:11 AM

thanks for the welcome!...
my car is 2000 and i got the maint req'd light to go off, by resetting it...but the SRS light is still on...i just gonna go to the dealer and tell htme to git it off...thats what my friend did and he had the same problem...thanks...
-peace

ebpda9 01-13-2002 11:24 AM

that's the best thing you can do about the SRS. One more thing: tell them that you had those gauges on for a while, like 4-5 months and the light just came up, so they will cover it under warranty ;)