HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Kid on the Block (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Nice to meet you all (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21927)

Civic_RedLine 07-06-2004 12:57 AM

Nice to meet you all

Just noticed how honda civic are slow when they are stock... I compared to my friends v6 accord coupe (m/t) and wow civic is nothing compared to it. I hope to find out how I can fix the car up. Thank you to all of you who will help me throughout this period.

a96710 07-06-2004 01:14 AM

How's it goin, welcome to HST

IALuder 07-06-2004 01:15 AM

welcome!

Civic_RedLine 07-06-2004 01:55 AM

can u take a look at the civic part? i wanna get that air pumping sound when u shift, my friend says its turbo but I wanna get that from some people so i will know more than one knows its turbo

ebpda9 07-06-2004 06:48 AM

happy hstuning man. and yeah turbo, npo other way around. wait for thermal to tell you that ;)

Civic_RedLine 07-06-2004 12:01 PM

so its turbo? whats the cheapest turbo kit I can get that will boost mass power?

IALuder 07-06-2004 12:21 PM

Greddy kit its pretty well priced. i hear a bunch of people using that kit of the overboost kit.

94_AcCoRd_EX 07-06-2004 01:57 PM

Looks like you want a turbo.

Welcome to HS :cool:

hondacivicgrl01 07-16-2004 11:31 AM

I'm driving a 01 Civic now. I got into an accident and totaled my 00 V6 Accord Coupe :(

~Don't Ask What I was Thinking When I bougt My Civic...::Slaps myself along side my head::

Getting on the highway is HORRIBLE in my civic!! I miss my accord sooooooooo much, but they hold up GREAT in accidents.

Civic_RedLine 07-16-2004 01:12 PM

you dont need to worry about the civics horsepower. Its a Honda!!! enjoy your honda. And I know the accord v6 are faster, but I'm sure you'll enjoy your civic more. howd you total your accord? sorry to say this but damn girls do not know how to drive...

hondacivicgrl01 07-16-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Civic_RedLine
you dont need to worry about the civics horsepower. Its a Honda!!! enjoy your honda. And I know the accord v6 are faster, but I'm sure you'll enjoy your civic more. howd you total your accord? sorry to say this but damn girls do not know how to drive...

I miss my accord. It was my first new car(well to me anything w/ leather and a moonroof coming out of of a Pontiac is new, lol) but the civic fits me better.

It was my first accident and yes it was my fault. I was making a left hand turn and this guy in a mustang was speeding and slammed into my rear 1/4 panel. The damage was 17,300.00. I owed 17k on the car still.

Civic_RedLine 07-16-2004 02:05 PM

what a bitch, I hate when people go faster on purpose, just because you try to make that turn. I feel ya. Maybe with the civic you wont think you can bone out so youll drive safer. I know I did. when i drive my moms accord v6 2004 i floor it and go fast all the time, i even race anyone thats going fast, but with the civic i know its a piece of shit for power so i dont even try. But anyways back to you, didnt you have full coverage insurance? my friend totaled her car and 3 others on the freeway, it was a celica gt. she is a girl too and doesnt know how to drive for shit because she hit someone in front of her. But after that big accident she now drives safe.

civics dont come with leather and damn you have alot of money to go car after car..

hondacivicgrl01 07-16-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

what a bitch, I hate when people go faster on purpose, just because you try to make that turn. I feel ya. Maybe with the civic you wont think you can bone out so youll drive safer. I know I did. when i drive my moms accord v6 2004 i floor it and go fast all the time, i even race anyone thats going fast, but with the civic i know its a piece of shit for power so i dont even try. But anyways back to you, didnt you have full coverage insurance? my friend totaled her car and 3 others on the freeway, it was a celica gt. she is a girl too and doesnt know how to drive for shit because she hit someone in front of her. But after that big accident she now drives safe.

civics dont come with leather and damn you have alot of money to go car after car..

Yes, I had full coverage. All together I got back like a thousand dollars. I got the accord in June 03 and I totaled it November 03 so I was still making payments. Pshhh, I don't have a lot of money either. The accord was killing me. I was paying $345 a month for that sucker so when I totaled it I didn't make the same mistake and went for the civic cause it was cheaper for me.

FlooredAccord 08-12-2004 03:52 PM

Quote:

can u take a look at the civic part? i wanna get that air pumping sound when u shift, my friend says its turbo but I wanna get that from some people so i will know more than one knows its turbo

I believe the sound your talkin about is a result from a combination of the turbo and it's blow-off valve. Depending on what type of valve you get will determine the tone when u shift.
Anyways welcome to the forum!

mavaaoife 08-12-2004 04:56 PM

welcome to HS!!

thermal 08-12-2004 08:26 PM

www.maxrev.com has a turbo kit for the D17 01 and up SOHC civics. It is actually one of the better ones I've seen on the road. It utililizes a hybrid T3T04 turbo with a 48 trim, I think.... not as big as the preferred DOHC T3T04 application. The blow off valve is made by MaxRev themselves which I think is almost similar in sound compared to a turboXS RFL... loud as fuk! That doesnt matter anyway since you can choose whatever BOV u want. These are the sounds that you are talking about:
http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showt...threadid=18997

...... I have the GReddy typeS on my civic and Tial race BOV on my Teg......

Civic_RedLine 08-12-2004 11:33 PM

yeah Ive heard them. The thing is Im looking in the 1000-2000 price range. Is Greddy's turbo kit any good on a sohc vtec civic?

thermal 08-13-2004 09:04 PM

GReddy does not make a kit for a 7th gen civic (01 and up civics). But if you just want to know how GReddy SOHC kits are..... very streetable kits. Can produce great "linear" power. I do not recommend it for an all out drag SOHC turbo tho. Too small.....

Civic_RedLine 08-13-2004 09:59 PM

so basicaly greddy makes kits for sohc civics but not 2001+ sohc civics?

thermal 08-14-2004 08:15 PM

Quote:

so basicaly greddy makes kits for sohc civics but not 2001+ sohc civics?

They only make it for SOHC VTEC civics/delsols (92-00 models) not all SOHC motors. But it can be modified to make it fit on non-VTEC SOHC. It's just a matter of one piping mod. The throttle bodies on non-VTEC SOHC faces upwards, while the VTEC SOHC's are side ways... The electronic Fuel Control Unit must also be converted for non-SOHC VTEC applications.... or just use a different mangement altogether..

Civic_RedLine 08-14-2004 08:26 PM

i want one for vtec sohc

thermal 08-14-2004 08:38 PM

Quote:

i want one for vtec sohc

right... but GReddy does not make a kit for your 01' SOHC VTEC..