HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Battle of the Sexes (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   To Be Ready (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21923)

Kool-Aid 07-05-2004 08:19 PM

To Be Ready

I was conversing with someone a little older than I concerning love and relationships, marriage and kids...and he asked me..."How does one know whether they're ready for marriage if they've never been married?"...he was generally asking this question leaning towards young adults in their 20's...he also asked me..."How does one know whether they're ready for kids or not if you've never had any?"

Do you guys, and gals, think you're ready for marriage and kids at your age?? Why and why not?

ewaugh 07-05-2004 08:37 PM

I'm 18, and no. My sister will be 21 in a month and she's married to a guy she met in college, they'd been togeather for about three years so it was no suprise.

"drive carefully, 90% of all kids are accidents"

mylittlecivic 07-05-2004 09:29 PM

I just think it depends when you find someone you cant live without, when your life is stable. It's something im working on right now its tough shit. And as for kids? i want one but probably not for like 10 years

ChrisCantSkate 07-05-2004 10:56 PM

if i found the right person im sure i could live with them now, but i dont think im ready for that. i dont think anyone would be able to stand living with me all the time right now. i want to live my college life out at least another year before i start to tapper off. im sure i'll have a kid or 2 down the line, but its not in the near future.

IALuder 07-06-2004 01:18 AM

i think youll know after it happens.

95DX 07-06-2004 01:38 AM

I'd have to agree with Anna in that it would have to be when you feel stable with where you are in your life and when you feel you have met that right person you could see living with for the rest of your life. right now its def. not my time between school, and work I usually hardly have time for myself let alone to be with/there for someone else and I want out of this damn state its too expencive to do squat ie your typical 150K home is selling for 300-400K min. here so buying a house unless your a millioniare is nearly impossible (another example my dad and step-mother bought a 3 bed 1 bath condo for 240-250k and it was one if not the only "cheap" place they could find and an old neighbor sold his house for like 340 something thousand and it was a fixer upper)

wal 07-06-2004 03:08 AM

marriage,kids = all words like that put the shits up me

GT40FIED 07-06-2004 03:23 AM

:toofunny: I haven't got a clue what that means, but damned if I don't love british sayings.

As for marriage and kids...no and no. I'll apparently never be able to find a woman who can put up with me for longer than 6 months without cheating on me and kids...I hate kids. They're small and stupid and I'm better than them.

IALuder 07-06-2004 06:09 AM

hahaha wal...

gt40 your right i hate kids till there about 13. then they dont seem as retard. hell i cant find a women willing to spend more then 6min talking to me. why must i be so ugly.;(

biker's back 07-06-2004 12:20 PM

I think i might just have found the right girl. I find it hard to put feelings into words but theres just something there that i cant really explain.

black95gs-t 07-06-2004 02:18 PM

<-------- ONLY 22!!! I'm SURE I'm not ready.

Rob 07-06-2004 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GT40FIED
:toofunny: I haven't got a clue what that means, but damned if I don't love british sayings.

ditto

Kool-Aid 07-07-2004 12:04 AM

Im sure none of you guys are ugly and Im sure that all of you guys will eventually find the woman that will fulfill every needs and desires that you may have...yo promesa.
As for me, I think I would be ready for marriage and kids if it were to ever happen. I don't see why I wouldn't be ready...I guess I would be willing to sacrifice some things for marriage and kids if I really wanted them bad enough.
I've been thinking about what some people have to say about marriage...how they're afraid that their freedom will cease...like you'd be tied down...well, I can say that I would want a marriage where we both would be free to do whatever we wanted...the only thing is that we wouldn't go around sleeping with other people. I don't see why people complain about being tied down when all you would need is a mutual agreement to just be able to do whatever and go wherever but just be faithful...that's the kind of marriage I would want...

biker's back 07-07-2004 06:46 AM

well when reality strikes and you realize marriage brings on a ton of responsibilities then you'll find out doing 'whatever you want' doesnt quite work. There is a morgage, car payments and bills that will stop you from going to the mall and dropping a grand on clothing or leaving for a weeks vacation.

juvenile 07-07-2004 10:49 AM

I think she means like being able to go out with her friends and doing things other than being with the husband 24/7 (like some families like it to be)

Kool-Aid 07-08-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by biker's back
well when reality strikes and you realize marriage brings on a ton of responsibilities then you'll find out doing 'whatever you want' doesnt quite work. There is a morgage, car payments and bills that will stop you from going to the mall and dropping a grand on clothing or leaving for a weeks vacation.

Well, that all depends on what your income is...sure you can do thatif you have the money to do so...just because you're married doesn't mean you'll be broke...if anything...the finances should be a little better than when you're single since you re now sharing the bills with someone...

ebpda9 07-08-2004 08:30 PM

i dunno aboput that. i think you will feel it when you are ready.