HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I was almost killed 10 minutes ago. (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21018)

GeneralDzur 04-21-2004 05:45 PM

I was almost killed 10 minutes ago.

I'm serious. I'm sort of shaken up right now.

I'm driving home from work, minding my own buisiness. There are 2 lanes on 71 highway, and I'm in the left(fast) lane, going about 65.

The traffic is slow because its rush hour, and I'm looking for a place to pull into the right lane to exit the highway. So I'm about to pass this truck, a Ford F-250 hauling a trailer, when he VIOLENTLY swerves into my lane. What th-? Ok, so I back off. He does this 2 more times as I try to pass him.

So I'm pissed. I cut between the traffic cones on the far left of the highway (closed lane due to construction) to pass this guy, and he SWERVES ACROSS THE TWO LANES AND THROUGH THE CONES to try to hit me. I yanked the wheel to the left and did THREE 360's across the median and land broadside to the traffic in the other side of the highway. A schoolbus almost killed me, but the car spun back across the median and landed half-on and half-off the original side of the highway.

I don't know how I'm alive, but except for mud caked in my brake calipers and wheels, the car is fine, and I'm ok. God must really love me..because I don't know how my car when ACROSS the highway to the traffic going the opposite direction and back. Its like the car boomeranged.

Anyway, just thought I'd tell you all. I'm going to take some pics of the marks and then I'll post them.

- Dzur

B16DoHcCrx033003 04-21-2004 05:57 PM

that sucks man well i am glad ur alive...

juvenile 04-21-2004 05:57 PM

Did the cops or anyone stop the fucker from getting away? Like was anyone caught? Glad you're ok though. :yes:

pdiggitydogg 04-21-2004 06:17 PM

did you get the plate # of the truck?

94_AcCoRd_EX 04-21-2004 06:54 PM

Glad you're ok :eek:

Wren57 04-21-2004 07:02 PM

Woah... thats crazy, glad to hear you are OK!!!

Rob 04-21-2004 07:53 PM

that kind of shit pisses me off....glad to know you're ok though.....

GeneralDzur 04-21-2004 09:36 PM

NOpe, didn't get the plate number...he sped off as soon as I started spinning out...

Oh well...live and learn :)

- Dzur

MAXed Out 04-21-2004 10:17 PM

Damn Dzur. Be carefull man people are so fucking stupid sometimes. Happy nothing happened to u or the sol. Post some pics.

Kool-Aid 04-21-2004 10:29 PM

Wow...I'm speechless on how hateful people can be sometimes...it's really jacked up. Anyway, I'm glad you're allright...be careful for those idiot drivers next time... :)

CD5Passion 04-21-2004 11:42 PM

count your blessings dude, glad to hear you're good. The other night my friend calls me up and I could tell something was up cause her voice was shaking but what happened was while she was driving hom on the highway someone almost hit her head on ( how you go on the wrong side of the road on the highway is beyond me) but she swerved and apparently almost had to hit the guardrail to avoid getting nailed mind you she was doing about 70mph, and the other abotu the same near instant death...
people are stupid man
learn from shit like this, pack some heat in the glove box ;)

nonovurbizniz 04-22-2004 12:01 AM

Let me get this straight...

you REPEATEDLY try to pass a truck (while you were OBVIOUSLY approaching a construction zone)...

He trys to prevent you from racing past him into a construction zone...

You go INTO the construction zone (driving in a CLOSED lane)... and he swerves at you... and HE'S the prick....

Righhtt....

And on top of it all... after YOU swerve out of control into ONCOMING traffic... a SCHOOLBUS almost kills YOU....

If I'm missing something let me know...

Racing Rice 04-22-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
If I'm missing something let me know...

:confused: Me too!

Addict 04-22-2004 03:26 PM

Yeah that was stupid man. Why would you even think about passing in the construction area? There could have been workers there that may have been hit. You could have been hit by oncoming traffic and died or even killed someone else.:no:

Granted the guy was an ass (swerving at you), but you gotta let things go. Road rage will get you killed.

ChrisCantSkate 04-22-2004 04:06 PM

hmm... well at least your not hurt, but i dont think you are guilt free here

GT40FIED 04-22-2004 05:25 PM

It's a fact General...drivers in MO are fucking insane. A few months ago I was coming back north on 69hwy and went to pass this guy with MO plates who was doing about 65mph. I had plenty of room at the time but as soon as I started to pass him he starts speeding up. And not the normal sort of speeding up, he floored it to keep even with me...all the way to 90mph. I notice an oncoming car and begin to slow down and get back behind him so he nails his brakes to block me in the other lane. Finally I slammed on the brakes hard enough to engage my ABS and swerved which ended me up in the grass off to the side of the highway while he tore off. But I was lucky enough to get his plate number and call the Kansas HP. About 20 minutes later I passed him while a HP officer had him out of his car on the side of the road. Fuck stupid drivers.

Kool-Aid 04-23-2004 12:55 AM

Damn...California drivers aren't anything like that...Las Vegas drivers are crazy though...