HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Tie bars, strut tower bars...What to choose? (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2051)

Addict 01-01-2002 01:45 PM

Tie bars, strut tower bars...What to choose?

What's the difference in brands? Some sell for big $. Some are cheap. But they all seem to do exactly the same thing. The reason I ask is that I'm going to be getting the rear lower tie bar and a rear strut tower bar soon and I need some suggestions.

What have you guys had good results with?

90civiclxryder 01-01-2002 06:43 PM

i got a DC sports rear strut tower bar, i like it, they are a lot of money but i got a good deal on them 175 for front and rear, apexi pro 1 exhaust(not cat back), and weapon R intake

Racing Rice 01-01-2002 08:32 PM

Get the ones that arent adjustable like Neuspeeds, they will be stiffer.. Alot of time your paying for the name tho.

Addict 01-01-2002 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice
Get the ones that arent adjustable like Neuspeeds, they will be stiffer.. Alot of time your paying for the name tho.

Kinda my thoughts. I had cheap APC strut tower bars on my EX and they did the trick.

BlazinCrx 01-02-2002 01:53 AM

you really do pay for the name, its like looking at the price of the comptech or the dc stuff compared to something like apc or tenzo.

DemonicAccord 01-02-2002 12:14 PM

Neuspeed cheap, neuspeed best imo, no pivots

slowEJ6 01-03-2002 10:29 PM

i suggest neuspeed units as well......they are spectacular. too bad benen doesnt make more stuff for the EK ;(

ebpda9 01-07-2002 06:12 PM

i had some off the wall brand and they are ok IMO. the only thing left on my car is the rear tie bar (yeah the one underneath). I paid for all 3 of them half the price 90civiclxryder paid for one ;) )

Poser714 01-31-2002 03:17 AM

yea i've had several differnt bars and they all do pretty much the same.. but yea the solid bars w/ out pivot joints are stiffer.. but the other bars werk just as well..;)

Addict 01-31-2002 03:35 PM

Well I went with all DC Sports stuff. I got the rear lower tie bar, rear upper and front upper. I liked the looks of the stuff. Hey even I like a little flair(aka "rice") on my ride.....;)

ebpda9 01-31-2002 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Civic_Addict
Well I went with all DC Sports stuff. I got the rear lower tie bar, rear upper and front upper. I liked the looks of the stuff. Hey even I like a little flair(aka "rice") on my ride.....;)

i heard that dc bars tend to bend sometimes. That's what i heard on ph so if they were lieying i'm lieing too :cool: .

Addict 01-31-2002 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hondaman-iac

i heard that dc bars tend to bend sometimes. That's what i heard on ph so if they were lieying i'm lieing too :cool: .

I guess if you stand on them they would. Once they're attached I don't see how they would bend out of shape. Its not like I race Auto-X. I just wanted some extra stiffness....and the looks...;)

I have the rear lower and front upper on now with my KONI Sports & Eibach Sportlines. So far so good..... I'll let you all know how I like it in a few days.

Racing Rice 02-01-2002 07:29 AM

RICER!!! haha.. Just playing.. I cant wait to see it..

Addict 02-01-2002 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice
RICER!!! haha.. Just playing.. I cant wait to see it..

Damn you caught me.....;)