HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   bug bite (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18721)

Loki 12-03-2003 11:25 AM

bug bite

Oh well, even though I'm not concerned with this...yet. I thought I would ask about this to make conversation since the boards are slow right now. I woke up today and walked into the bathroom and notice that my stomach itched, so I itch and notice a bump. So upon closer inspection I notice that I have some sort of bug bite. It sort of looks like an ant bite, but its f'ing cold here so ants really aren't out. So I've kind of ruled it down to spider or lady bug (never would have suspected that before but I've been told that they actually do bite occasionally). Normally with spider bites you can see the puncture marks can't you? Do lady bug bites resemble ant bites?

ebpda9 12-03-2003 11:52 AM

i didn't know that lady bugs did bite, and i think it's too cold for them to be out too.

Racing Rice 12-03-2003 12:30 PM

Ive been bit by a spider while I was sleeping before. Its not pleasant.:no:

It swelled up huge, and was full of pus. :yuck: But like you said, you could see the puncture marks.

mylittlecivic 12-03-2003 02:21 PM

are all the mosquitos gone? if its not a bug bite it could be an allergic reaction to something. I dunno though i havent been biten all summer.

Loki 12-03-2003 02:40 PM

Yeah all of the mosquitos are gone. Its almost all gone now so what ever it was wasn't anything major. Could have been some sort of allergic reaction or something. I don't know.

94_AcCoRd_EX 12-03-2003 03:41 PM

I got a spider bite on my left eyelid a couple of weeks ago while I was sleeping. I could hardly open my eye for a couple of days.

GT40FIED 12-03-2003 11:13 PM

I dunno about Michigan, but around here we have these things called cave crickets. They look like a cross between a spider and a cricket (like something out of the middle ages) and don't have any wings so they can't fly or make noise. Those little f@ckers will bite you and it looks like a spider bite. Plus spider bites usually look like you got bit twice...two sets of puncture marks.

ricerX 12-04-2003 01:00 AM

I've seen those f'ing crickets. Those things are disturbing.

Loki 12-04-2003 12:07 PM

Cave crickets? Not any here that I know of. Thank god for that! Going by the sound of them I don't think I would like those things at all. :no:

GT40FIED 12-04-2003 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ricerX
I've seen those f'ing crickets. Those things are disturbing.

Must be a mid-midwest thing. We had them at my old house and they followed us to our new house (well...the house up in KC anyway). They're at my grandpa's house as well. They suck ass cuz you can't kill them...you sneak up on them and they jump off quicker than shit. They get to be pretty big too. They're just evil creepy little bastards.

Civickid0to60 12-04-2003 05:54 PM

ive seen them here too in MD.

SeoulJaGirl 12-04-2003 07:21 PM

^ i can't remember ever seeing them when i was back home. all i saw were the frigging nasty regular ones. they sound really creepy though