HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Integra (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New Exhaust for the 95 LS (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15706)

Baron 06-02-2003 12:32 PM

New Exhaust for the 95 LS

ok i just recently put on a new AEM CAI and now i am interested in the exhaust. my friend has an APEXi muffler he will sell me but i don't exactly know much about all the custom piping and crap. my dad has a friend that owns a muffler shop but i don't exactly know what to ask them to see if they do custom piping. what should i ask about to make sure i am getting the best for my teg? i just don't want them to slap the muffler on and defeat the whole purpose i am looking for. can anyone give me some guidance on what i should do?

pdiggitydogg 06-02-2003 01:13 PM

if you want to do custom piping, you are right to want to go with a full cat-back.

I would recommend a 2 1/4"-2 1/2" piping. Depending on where you live, it might be a good idea to ask if they can do stainless steel, so it will not rust.

Baron 06-02-2003 02:23 PM

how much will this cost me and i really don't want it to have that annoying "rice burner" sound. i don't mind a little but not loud and annoying as hell

MAXed Out 06-02-2003 05:57 PM

well i bought a tanabe exhaust and had a shop do the custom piping for it. I sounds ok but go with a full stainless steel exhaust cause they don't rust.

MAXed Out 06-02-2003 05:58 PM

If u stil want to do a custom one do it 2 1/2 or 2 1/4 piping from the cat all the way back with no resonator in it. it will sound bad ass

pdiggitydogg 06-02-2003 08:41 PM

^no it wont.... Put a resonator in and it will sound clean (w/o it sounds like shit)

custom piping can range from $150-$350 shop and material depending.
Go to the best shop around, whether thats your dads friends shop or not I dont know (NOT Midas/Mineke/Tuffy), and dont chince out on the price. Cheap=Shit

Keep the resonator and cat....or the love of all that is holy...please

ebpda9 06-02-2003 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
^no it wont.... Put a resonator in and it will sound clean (w/o it sounds like shit)

heh, it sounds good but i can hear him coming home form 1 block away lol. stangs are way worse than that

pdiggitydogg 06-02-2003 10:46 PM

i just really hate that sound of it w/o resonator...its like the flagship sound for rice

Baron 06-03-2003 04:14 PM

ok well do i have to buy a new cat?

a96710 06-03-2003 07:19 PM

You don't have to buy a new cat. Generally when they do a custom exhaust it's from the cat back.

Jazn671 06-05-2003 10:52 PM

piping

i had an apexi n1 exhaust system for my teg... someone stole my muffler (just the muffler)... now i have apexi n1 exhaust system piping here doing nothing... let me know if you want it... i'll sell it to you cheap... takes up my space anyways...

Baron 06-05-2003 11:28 PM

Re: piping

Quote:

Originally posted by Jazn671
i had an apexi n1 exhaust system for my teg... someone stole my muffler (just the muffler)... now i have apexi n1 exhaust system piping here doing nothing... let me know if you want it... i'll sell it to you cheap... takes up my space anyways...

how much? good condition? where in illinois do you live? i'm in st. louis. pm me to give me your email address if you want or vice versa. sounds good. let me know