HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My wooden CRX is mad tight yo! (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15625)

Import_Man_17 05-29-2003 04:50 PM

My wooden CRX is mad tight yo!

Yeah dogg I'm fast n furious now. :cool:

Yeah! ;) And I'm not done yet!

Did you guys ever see that old grey car with a wooden body kit that was in Import Tuner? That was me.
The wooden Nissan Sentra:

www.3si.org Project CRX!!!!!

Civickid0to60 05-29-2003 07:26 PM

:no:

Accord Man 05-29-2003 10:09 PM

Interesting.. but you might want to but those woodworking skills to better use.:)

delsolvtec 05-29-2003 10:51 PM

The woodworking on those is awesome, just not looking to hot on a car. Someone is a good craftsman though... :no:

KwikR6 05-30-2003 12:46 AM

Too bad you can't find something useful to do with your time.

pdiggitydogg 05-30-2003 06:31 PM

super dope.............................................. ....dumbass
you could have at least used a router on some of that

ebpda9 05-30-2003 09:46 PM

lofl.

pimpinprelude 05-30-2003 10:47 PM

hahahahaah dude thats awesome!!!! hahaha make me one!!!

pauls-si 05-30-2003 11:30 PM

That's da shit...:yes: :D

GirlRacer 05-30-2003 11:40 PM

I'm hoping this is a joke, and if it is... that's kinda rude to come on a Honda board and talk out yer neck.:rolleyes: :no: :o

GHOST RYDER SOL 05-31-2003 12:40 AM

man thats JUST FUXKED UP.

mylittlecivic 05-31-2003 02:45 AM

whats with the wood? how do you get it to stay on there?

Theres a kid in my town now with a little tiny grey hatch back rabbitt or something and hes running around with a cardboard body kit with spray paint that reads 'rice one' im suprised the rain hasnt totaled it:rolleyes: cardboard is just too much:no:

GirlRacer 05-31-2003 11:05 AM

I'm suprised he hasn't had his @ss beat. That wouldn't fly for a week out here.:yes:

Import_Man_17 05-31-2003 11:44 AM

Yes of course its a joke. Everyone around here loves it. I had all kind of stickers on the old car like "Got Rice?". Sorry if you guys think its rude, all the other non-honda forums though it was a riot. :) The honda-acura.net forum is having an excessively hard time dealing with it though. :rolleyes: There are a few honda people that get it for what it is and they love it though.

GirlRacer 05-31-2003 11:48 AM

well naturally 'non-honda' forums would love it. Think about that one for a sec.:rolleyes:

member 05-31-2003 11:58 AM

^^^ that's because they THINK it's all honda drivers...

look at ford...kids with probes with unmatching body kits...

look at geo stroms...ahaha...enough said...

look at dodge neons...kids with neons with unmatching body kits...

it's not just honda's, it's everywhere...

where are the trucks lowered 50 inches with under-car neon lights?

we(honda drivers) tend to notice these things more than others. we think it as a whole, not just one type of car.

if you want to be original, try making a WHOLE body of a car out of wood...

"fake" body kits are played out...it's not funny anymore.

do something original...build a car body out of wood and call it "ford timbertrimmer" and have a F and a T for the emblems.

GirlRacer 05-31-2003 12:01 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

God I hate my Mustang:no: :paranoid: ;(

93Honda 05-31-2003 01:45 PM

we have trucks lowered 50 inches with neon lights and rims where i live. No joke. We also have soccer mom minivans with 23's and neons.

GirlRacer 05-31-2003 01:47 PM

I see that minivan thing too. :no: Soooo silly.:paranoid:

member 05-31-2003 04:31 PM

and yet they always bang honda with the very original "kids with honda civics"...

GirlRacer 05-31-2003 04:38 PM

:no: :no: :no:

KwikR6 05-31-2003 07:21 PM

Who moved this post???żżż:confused: :paranoid:

SolPol 06-02-2003 09:45 AM

I did. JFWY.

I think that thing is damn funny and all you guys need to lighten up. :yes:

failcaleb 06-02-2003 10:53 AM

yeah, it is pretty damn funny. You have to admit, though, that the reason that jokes like that exist is because of people doing really tacky stuff to their cars..and it happens to hondas a lot. If you disagree, just check out a site like ricecop.com for some examples of what I'm talking about. I have seen some of the most outlandish crap done to hondas. It seems like almost every day, I see an import with a body kit that looks like it's about to vibrate right off of the car and a big stoopid looking wing, and a bunch of stickers and a paint job ordered straight from hell. Sorry, but you have to admit that there is a reason that people would do a parody like that. 80% of the stuff that I see out there is the cheesiest, ugliest crap that I've ever seen.

Racing Rice 06-02-2003 11:36 AM

Bwahaha... Id be afraid of termites... Though, the orkin man would have an easier job since he wouldnt have to drive to my house to spray for bugs.

Import_Man_17 06-02-2003 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by failcaleb
yeah, it is pretty damn funny. You have to admit, though, that the reason that jokes like that exist is because of people doing really tacky stuff to their cars..and it happens to hondas a lot. If you disagree, just check out a site like ricecop.com for some examples of what I'm talking about. I have seen some of the most outlandish crap done to hondas. It seems like almost every day, I see an import with a body kit that looks like it's about to vibrate right off of the car and a big stoopid looking wing, and a bunch of stickers and a paint job ordered straight from hell. Sorry, but you have to admit that there is a reason that people would do a parody like that. 80% of the stuff that I see out there is the cheesiest, ugliest crap that I've ever seen.

Exactly.

And wait till you guys see it finished, I just made some rear fender flares and finished the back bumper. I'm about to do the front and hood. :)

failcaleb 06-02-2003 02:03 PM

cool! Can't wait to see the finished product. you must really get some harsh looks when you're driving that around

93Honda 06-02-2003 11:45 PM

question is, is that thing even street legal, aren't there certain safety measures you have to comply with.

Import_Man_17 06-03-2003 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 93Honda
question is, is that thing even street legal, aren't there certain safety measures you have to comply with.

Not technically. ;) I got a fix-it ticket last week. :rolleyes: Instead of taking everything off I'm just having them revoke the registration. I'm almost done and it will be going up on eBay so I don't care. You only get in trouble for it if the cop wants to be a jerk. I pass a million cops a day and they do nothing, and I've gotten pulled over for other things at least four times in this car and the old one and they never mentioned anything about the wood not being legal. Most of them actually liked it and it helped me get out of some tickets. :yes: It just sucks because the city I live in has like the most # of cops per person than any other city in the western U.S. :mad: They never have anything to do.

Anyway, finished most of the front today, soon it will be ready.

sc0rch 06-03-2003 01:17 AM

i think it's awesome.....i'd buy it.....i wanted to do something like that with my old car.....i was thinking about buying a geo metro for like $50 to do that to it....without the wood....id use something else......like cardboard
i dont wanna spend time or $ doing it.....so cardboard is the best alternative......i think you oughta cut out the hood more and fill it with chciken wire

GetTheImage 06-03-2003 01:53 AM

I think that's awesome...we had some guy do it with cardboard here, and pulled it off...(well, you get what I mean). Someone also did it with vinyl siding. I think it's funny as hell....agreed with whoever said lighten up. Ain't no thang. ;)

KwikR6 06-03-2003 09:43 AM

Hella funny man.
Can't wait to see the front!

SolPol 06-03-2003 10:04 AM

Definitely lets see some pics.

ebpda9 06-03-2003 10:25 AM

yo take it on friday to a cinema that plays 2f2f. that shoud turn some heads :yes:

SolPol 06-03-2003 10:26 AM

Nice. I'd pay to see that.

KwikR6 06-03-2003 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hondaman-iac
yo take it on friday to a cinema that plays 2f2f. that shoud turn some heads :yes:

Yes!!!
Such a good idea.
That would be sooo funny.

failcaleb 06-03-2003 12:05 PM

It's going to be the same thing with this movie as with the original. You go to the movies (to see something else, naturally) and all you see is big ass wings and shitty body kits and paint, stickers...all the stuff that makes me physically ill. When the original movie was playing, I saw a celica that had a spoiler mounted to the HOOD of the car. I only wish I had had my digital camera on me at the time

KwikR6 06-03-2003 12:11 PM

Make sure to bring it this time then

nonovurbizniz 06-03-2003 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by failcaleb
It's going to be the same thing with this movie as with the original. You go to the movies (to see something else, naturally) and all you see is big ass wings and shitty body kits and paint, stickers...all the stuff that makes me physically ill. When the original movie was playing, I saw a celica that had a spoiler mounted to the HOOD of the car. I only wish I had had my digital camera on me at the time

someone on here's buddy has that... and there are pics of it in one of the sections.

SolPol 06-03-2003 12:52 PM

Damn, find that for me would ya.

If not, I guess I could just go to ricecop.com, I'm sure they have some somewhere on there.