HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Supercharged grand pri vs. turbo equppied talon (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11444)

jwilk95EXCIV 01-18-2003 10:18 AM

Supercharged grand pri vs. turbo equppied talon

Today, I had the privleidge of sitting behind the wheel of a supercharged grand pri....i know what your thinking. A Grand Pri.....sick. Well, thats what I thought until I took her out onto the highway.... Thats where I saw one of my friends justin in his talon. He just recently hooked it up with an injen intake system and a turbo setting with 15 lbs of boost. (Ive never seen him drive it he could be lying) Anyway, I pull up next to him at the light. The tint on the pri's windows are 5%, strictly illegal but damn good to have. How else can you moon someone right next to you and they not see you? (not that I know how funny that is from expereience or anything.) So Justin didnt know it was me. I calmly reved my engine.....in reply he turned on his system, and as his bass was hitting reved his as well. The light turned green, and wheels squealed. Justin won off the line beating me by a foot at max. I slammed it to second and just into third I hit 8500, by this point justin was behind me by a car length....then it occured to me that justin's brother had recently installed a 55 shot. That explained why he blew by me at 165. Broken, but not dissapointed because it wasnt my car drove up and caught justin again. I rolled down the window and he saw it was me. And then gunned it once more leaving him in the dust and then going to mcdonalds. My first true defeat came to me by means of the bottle today, but hey.... it wasnt my car. :pfft: It was a very suprising outcome to me, but justins car is a high 11 sec. car. I was lucky enough to keep up with him and even be beating him at one point, but at least I know not to mess with him and my car...another learning experience.

Addict 01-18-2003 03:22 PM

What year GTP?

8500? You might double check the tach on that GTP.

165? 165 km/h maybe?

Stock GTP? They aren't near 11 second cars. Not sure what happened to that Talon that has 15psi and a 55 shot of n2o, but he should've won. That is if he actually has the stuff in his car.

You must want to be a fiction writer when you grow up. Because both of your stories have been tall tales....

Accord Man 01-18-2003 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Civic_Addict
both of your stories have been tall tales....

Agreed.

ChrisCantSkate 01-18-2003 04:44 PM

and how were you switching gears? its automatic....

firstgeardude 01-18-2003 06:01 PM

thats a high reving engine... a little too high in my opinion, dont north american cars cut the gas goin into the engine so that you cant actually go into red?
and its not a Grand Pri.. its Grand Prix

SVT Cobra 01-18-2003 08:21 PM

this kid's a f*Cking moron.

not even gonna begin to pick him apart; too many false/stupid/impossible statements. :o

ShEaNy 01-18-2003 08:51 PM

lol good bullshit story..."claps":loco: :loco:

ford50forlife 01-18-2003 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
and how were you switching gears? its automatic....

ya beat me too it....

also the passing a 11 second car from behind part... 55 shot OMFG WATCH OUT!!!

ebpda9 01-19-2003 01:47 AM

the gtps are fast but not to that extent. last time i looked at one at 6000 rpms the tach runs out of redline, but i might be wrong. never seen a pontiac/gm with over 6500 rpms

Racing Rice 01-19-2003 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Civic_Addict
What year GTP?

8500? You might double check the tach on that GTP.

165? 165 km/h maybe?

Stock GTP? They aren't near 11 second cars. Not sure what happened to that Talon that has 15psi and a 55 shot of n2o, but he should've won. That is if he actually has the stuff in his car.

You must want to be a fiction writer when you grow up. Because both of your stories have been tall tales....

Hrmm, sounds like you have had experience with them.. Almost like your mom owns one or something.. ;) :D

Addict 01-19-2003 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice
Hrmm, sounds like you have had experience with them.. Almost like your mom owns one or something.. ;) :D

LoL:pfft:

Quevv 01-20-2003 05:54 PM

wow, nice story. May I suggest being a writer someday?

Rob 01-20-2003 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVT Cobra
this kid's a f*Cking moron.

I agree...wow, guess there really is a first time for everything :crazy:

ebpda9 01-20-2003 06:51 PM

wait till you hear mine where i beat an 18 wheeler ;) :crazy:

Rob 01-20-2003 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hondaman-iac
wait till you hear mine where i beat an 18 wheeler ;) :crazy:

yeah...but you have a 400 shot of nitrous :doh:

ebpda9 01-20-2003 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AccordinStyle
yeah...but you have a 400 shot of nitrous :doh:

and he has 3 times the number of cylindaz ;) :crazy:

silver 01-21-2003 12:35 PM

don't forget that he just got an injen intake system installed, was it a cold air intake? cuz those make turboed cars really fast.

Addict 01-21-2003 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by silver
don't forget that he just got an injen intake system installed, was it a cold air intake? cuz those make turboed cars really fast.

LoL

pdiggitydogg 01-21-2003 02:56 PM

i didnt know there were stop lights on the highways...boy that sure is great theyre doing that now-a-days...:D

ford50forlife 01-21-2003 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
i didnt know there were stop lights on the highways...boy that sure is great theyre doing that now-a-days...:D

i do.... ;)

best place to race a stoplight that kills traffice before you go onto a 4 lane highway, too bad its only 2 straight lanes or we could have some nasty 4 way races......

btw i dont know who said 18 wheelers have 3 times the amount of cylinders but they DONT unless you got a 2 cylinder

they are MOSTLY all I-6 TURBODIESELS, and suprisingly only make mid 300 hp, but the tq is over 1,000 FT LBS!!!! ****ing motor is i think over 10L too

ChrisCantSkate 01-21-2003 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ford50forlife
i do.... ;)

best place to race a stoplight that kills traffice before you go onto a 4 lane highway, too bad its only 2 straight lanes or we could have some nasty 4 way races......

btw i dont know who said 18 wheelers have 3 times the amount of cylinders but they DONT unless you got a 2 cylinder

they are MOSTLY all I-6 TURBODIESELS, and suprisingly only make mid 300 hp, but the tq is over 1,000 FT LBS!!!! ****ing motor is i think over 10L too

yup. they redline at like 2800rpms. my friends dad has a mitsu-fuso for their warehouse, me him and his brother drove it(his brother did) and its a 7 spd redlines at 3200rpms. the big semi's are sometimes 16spd or even 24. listen to one take off, they usualy start in 2nd or 3rd and you will hear them shift 4-5 times before they hit 35mph. they are geared to be able to haul cargo, not ass. 1st gear bairly gets it moving.

MoneyToSpend 01-22-2003 09:00 AM

damn

you guys are brutal...but i love it...

i have a similar car, 89 XR7 Cougar, and is definatley not a high 11 second car...ill be lucky to get 14's right now. but then again, i dont drag that much, so i wouldnt know how fast i am in the 1/4....