HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronics/Sound/Security Systems (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How much of an improvement are new speakers> (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10467)

Afroney 12-20-2002 09:06 AM

How much of an improvement are new speakers>

Kind of a generic question. I bought a 01 Civic, so far Ive put in a panasonic 250 watt cd player. Just wondering if I spent maybe 150 bucks for new speakers, would these speakers be a big improvement over the factory ones? Im asking this because I once bought really good Cherwin-Vega speakers for my 86 Audi Quattro, and they were not an improvement over the old factory ones, in fact, the Vegas were worse. Just wondering how good the factory speakers are on this car. (They dont seem that great to me.)

ChrisCantSkate 12-20-2002 09:45 AM

YES! omg... it was such an improvment. quality is sooo much better.

oc civic 12-20-2002 09:59 AM

Re: How much of an improvement are new speakers>

Quote:

Originally posted by Afroney
Kind of a generic question. I bought a 01 Civic, so far Ive put in a panasonic 250 watt cd player. Just wondering if I spent maybe 150 bucks for new speakers, would these speakers be a big improvement over the factory ones? Im asking this because I once bought really good Cherwin-Vega speakers for my 86 Audi Quattro, and they were not an improvement over the old factory ones, in fact, the Vegas were worse. Just wondering how good the factory speakers are on this car. (They dont seem that great to me.)

OT..

lmfao.. i had an 86 audi also.. it was a fun as hell car.. it was my first car.. i beat it to DEATH adn it still got like 200K miles... i was young and stupid.. id rev the car to 5k in nuetral and slam it into gear.. lol adn it lasted so long it used to leak EVERYTHING, oil. antifreeze. tranny fluid... it was SUCH a piece..

ChrisCantSkate 12-20-2002 10:48 AM

its cause audi has suppiroir quality to most car manufactors

pdiggitydogg 12-20-2002 11:47 AM

new speakers are a huge improvement. OE ones are paper/cardboard and are basically crap

ripthesystem 12-20-2002 04:49 PM

I have an 86 Audi and a 95 Civic and replacing the Civic OEM speakers will be noticeably better right away.

The Audi's from the 80's usu. shipped with a 8-10speaker Blaupunkt setups right from the factory so were at least 1 step above average..

hth
ripthesystem

armyguy5 12-24-2002 02:52 AM

replacing the speakers definalty will help....just so ur aware the factory speakers are made by pioneer. i think i blew one already..fauckers. any way go with JL or infinity...there excellent for the money

chris

Shot 2 Hel 01-10-2003 09:39 PM

depends the quality of the speakers. I'm thinking about changing out my stock speakers really soon, any suggestions on what to get. I know i wrote that long essay thing, but any personal ideas.

HondaTypeJ 01-18-2003 09:13 PM

New speakers make ALL the difference. I hightly recommend an amp too. As for speakers...I have Alpine Type R's in the front and rear powered by a V12 Alpine amp...Ohh ya! The amp glows blue when on....SAWEEEET. Go for Alpine R's! A little pricey though

krz2fer 01-21-2003 11:10 AM

I've got JL speakers and an Alpine head unit, and well, it rocks (esp after I added 2 10's in the back). :yes:

TerKel00 01-21-2003 12:55 PM

My friend has a 2000 Civic and I think the stock speakers are pretty decent. If youre gonna replace them spend more than $150 on them or dont bother. Ditto Krz2fer- I have JL speakers and an ////Alpine head unit + 2 Xtant 12's and 2 Xtant 6001A series amps.

:yes:

Kelly~

HighLife 02-13-2003 09:25 AM

I went with Polk Audio mids and highs...for a sub i got a MATTS 12" which i had to send out. So now i have a 12" MTX, surprisingly enough the MTX sounds hella better than the MATTS. I was very impressed with it, even though it only cost me 75$ for the sub itself, plays very well.

I bought a SONY cdplayer for my car, only reason why i went with SONY was that at the time, it was the only Mp3 player on the market. I tell you what though, MP3 rocks for cars. Just so much easier having a disk with 5-6 different cd's on it.

sc0rch 02-17-2003 10:58 AM

get a crystal audio component set

ShagginJet 02-18-2003 04:38 PM

If you like good bass for little money the pioneer is good. If you want the best of the best, i say infinity. Either which way, put in a bass blocker (high pass inline filter) and this will keep you from blowing the speaker in the future.