HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Bump Stoppers (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5628)

fadednite 06-11-2002 07:52 AM

Bump Stoppers

Are you supposed to cut your bump stoppers when changing your suspension? I installed Koni yellows and Neuspeed sport, some say cut it in half so the shock has more room to flex, and some say don't cut it at all. What's the answer here? To cut or not to cut?

ebpda9 06-11-2002 08:34 AM

you need to cut the bump stop, otherwise you are gong to blow your shocks in no time. i don't know about neuspeed, but my eibachs came with a chart tellling me how much from the bumpstops to cut, to prevent damage to the strut

fadednite 06-11-2002 12:05 PM

how much did you cut off?

ebpda9 06-20-2002 12:25 AM

i did not cut them off because i haven't gotten around to install my suspension. still riding on 1 blown shock and 2 blocked shocks ughh!

how much are you gonna drop ?

Racing Rice 06-20-2002 03:02 PM

I would cut them in half. Hitting bumpstops sucks.

Maxvla 06-20-2002 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i did not cut them off because i haven't gotten around to install my suspension. still riding on 1 blown shock and 2 blocked shocks ughh!

i have a shock going out on me... drivers front wheel.

guess i'll be lookin for a setup around xmas time.

my current repairs are kicking my butt pricewise. but gotta get them done.

im thinking about eibach sportline springs... no clue about shocks yet. koni yellows are too expensive. is there something between non-adjustable and fully customizable?

ebpda9 06-20-2002 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Maxvla

i have a shock going out on me... drivers front wheel.

That was the first one to go out on me

Quote:

koni yellows are too expensive. is there something between non-adjustable and fully customizable?

KYB AGX $360-- 4 way adjustable for the front and 8 way for the rear

94_AcCoRd_EX 06-20-2002 10:51 PM

Quote:

is there something between non-adjustable and fully customizable?

Koni reds - internally adjustable.

Maxvla 06-20-2002 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

Koni reds - internally adjustable.

is that the koni specials? 77 a piece is more doable... (tirerack.com) still something i'll hafta save for a while to get.

:bow: me

way to hijack a thread.

94_AcCoRd_EX 06-21-2002 12:37 AM

Quote:

is that the koni specials? 77 a piece is more doable... (tirerack.com) still something i'll hafta save for a while to get.

:bow: me

way to hijack a thread.

Yeah, that's it. Not the best struts, but they'll do. I'd probably just save up longer and get the koni yellow/sportline combo, or the Apex'i WS coilover system.

Maxvla 06-21-2002 09:11 AM

on tirerack the yellows are twice the price of the reds.

also... the pro-kits are a bit more expensive and only drop 1.2" instead of the sportline's 1.8/1.7 any benefit to getting pro-kits? i don't want to lower my car much at all. the price difference is negligable, something like 30 bucks per set. hmm...

ebpda9 06-21-2002 10:23 AM

the pro kits usually don't require a camber kit since is a mild drop. the whole camber angle will be modified for under 1 degree something like .89-.95 deg, and will still be able to be under manufacturer specs -2-+3 dgrees

94_AcCoRd_EX 06-21-2002 05:48 PM

Quote:

i don't want to lower my car much at all.

Don't consider sportlines then.... they are pretty low. Get the pro-kits for sure.

SilverCoupe2K1 06-22-2002 12:52 PM

I just dropped the 6th gen with the prokits...the ride is nice and the total drop was 1.5, front and back. I had to cut the bump stops 20mm in the front and 30mm in the back, as specified by eibach. If you don't want a harsh ride, and just a bit better handling...cover up the wheel well a bit...go with the prokits.