HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photo Exchange (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   My Poor Photoshoot skills @ work (56k baaad) (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22574)

pdiggitydogg 09-05-2004 10:35 PM

My Poor Photoshoot skills @ work (56k baaad)

This is old...but I think its kinda fun

ChrisCantSkate 09-05-2004 10:46 PM

whats photoshoped?

edit> read the whole word chris.. damn im lazy.

nice pictures. love the gas pump one. :D

JDMFantasy2k 09-05-2004 11:05 PM

wow pat, i don't usually talk like this, but that's mad hott yo.

i like the 3rd shot from the front. Looks like it belongs on a mag, and the sidemarkers make the look, JDM yo.

I must say, i didn't care for the rota's when you first put them on but they've grown on me, very nice. Oh and the whole "I <3 my honda" thing, have you ever gotten your ass kicked because of it? ;) and wtf is up with the gas station pic?

pdiggitydogg 09-05-2004 11:37 PM

Ive seen other people take gas station pics like that...thought it was funny so I went for it. People were staring at me...

So far only 1 person has made fun of the cling. It was some mustang owner at school. He called me a "Honda-Homo" and I told him to go back to high school. I do "<3 my honda"...proud to show it. Plus its rare oem!

(I flat black'd my center caps yesterday. Its much better than the stupid cf print w/ the Rota logo.)

I plan on taking some more pics tomorrow w/ my buddies sol.
Pics up later if we do.

(Can someone on the west coast take a good night shot of In-n-Out from the front? I'd like to photoshop my car in front of it.)

ebpda9 09-06-2004 12:47 AM

me likes it. i think i am gonna paint my center caps flat black too now :yes:

pdiggitydogg 09-06-2004 01:29 AM

(I did 1 coat of primer, sand w/ 300, 2 more coats, wetsand w/ 600, final coat. Turned out great)

Dont you guys think that gas station lights make cars look sexy? :yes:

Oh, and yes the decal on the lip (FOUND AN SIR!) says - Its JDM -

JDMFantasy2k 09-06-2004 11:06 AM

yo P, you think you could post a pic of the center caps/wheels. I accidentially fucked up one of my center caps yesterday and painting all of them might be easier than finding a replacement...

Quote:

I do "<3 my honda"...proud to show it.

good man:yes:

pdiggitydogg 09-06-2004 12:00 PM

Rust is one thing I dont like about brembo rotors...they just do it so easily

ebpda9 09-06-2004 12:04 PM

you can always try to paint the hub with a high temp black paint. if you want one i can give you a spray like that. it's either you drive here or when i am in detroit i will get one with me

ebpda9 09-06-2004 12:05 PM

and your photoskillz are pretty good

pdiggitydogg 09-06-2004 12:09 PM

thanks bro
I already did that w/ bbq paint on my rears. It worked for about 3months and then the rust came through anyways (paint is still there). Not really a huge deal...just one of those things that makes you say "oh maaaan..."
I might go at it again before winter w/ a wire brush and full on black enamel. I know I have a can of that somewhere in the garage...never used it.

What are you coming up to The D for?

ebpda9 09-06-2004 12:41 PM

i have some friends there.

the paint i was telling you about is specifiacally designed for brake parts, and i have about 6 of them laying around here. i would mail it to you, but you know how the usps is about the aerosol cans.

pdiggitydogg 09-06-2004 01:15 PM

true true
Well maybe I can meet you up somewhere when youre here. Im about 25mins north of downtown.

pbateson 09-06-2004 10:49 PM

How the camber or springs going with aftermarket wheels?

pdiggitydogg 09-06-2004 11:01 PM

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.
I was going to make spacers to raise the height 1/2" which would give me better clearance. Instead, I just had another indent ring machined into the shock. Circlip now sits in that and bam... 1/2" higher.

wheresmylicense 09-06-2004 11:15 PM

what did you do to your rear license plate? it looks like one of those smoked lenses... am i right? are those legal?

pdiggitydogg 09-06-2004 11:26 PM

smoked cover yeah...you can still see it fine
I edited the photos for online reasons
I just bought the cover at target to help keep salt off it in the winter

RxGoaT13 09-07-2004 01:38 AM

nice ride!
oh and i'll try and get a pic of in-n-out.

pdiggitydogg 09-07-2004 10:50 AM

Thanks man...I just want to pretend I was there recently

JDMFantasy2k 09-07-2004 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
Oh yeah. Forgot about that.
I was going to make spacers to raise the height 1/2" which would give me better clearance. Instead, I just had another indent ring machined into the shock. Circlip now sits in that and bam... 1/2" higher.

why the hell would you want to raise your ride a half inch? i'm still trying to lower mine by like 2 feet, i could pratically go off roading:o

pdiggitydogg 09-07-2004 02:06 PM

because, w/ the lower springs and the 5% larger-than-should-be tires, I rubbed. So I raised it up a bit -> problem solved.

(It seems like today everyone is questioning my motives. I have a good reason for EVERYTHING! ;) )

IALuder 09-07-2004 09:56 PM

your ride is damn hot! that why i like civics. easie to make look good. :yes:

CivicSlug 09-08-2004 11:25 AM

P; your civic looks great. I like how its simple, not overdone.

JDMFantasy2k 09-08-2004 02:02 PM

yea except then you get some retards who buy a nice civic, and then strap a rediculous body kit on it, slam it so close to the ground it feels like you're riding in a k-mart shopping cart, and then pick up a "performance exhaust" at CAP and they think they're the new shit. I love fools like that. And that's what gives civic owners/enthusiasts a bad rap....

actually better yet, here's my friend's civic . Although the body kit was the best thing that happened to this poor 93 cx (it had body damage in the back) the kit sucks, and the paint job should have just been straight blue, not blue with silver ripping off because the car is so slow:rolleyes:

pdiggitydogg 09-08-2004 04:07 PM

man that civic looks bad.....bad bad...

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Im always open to those that think its looks dumb too. Granted, I'll just dismiss the opinion as foolish giberish...but go ahead and give me your thoughts ;) :D

JDMFantasy2k 09-08-2004 04:41 PM

pdiggitydogg = King of JDM

:yes:

pdiggitydogg 09-08-2004 07:14 PM

nah
If I were king Id have the steering column light, window visors, no passenger srs (which Im working on anyways), and drive a sedan/hatch since there are few if almost zero coupes in japan.

MAXed Out 09-09-2004 09:15 PM

ah car looks good pdiggs.

thermal 09-10-2004 04:01 AM

Your car is sick bro..... soooo clean! it looks almost like my friend's 00 black EX-turbo (with C8's as well). The rims are so sexy with black. I'm pissed tho man. I've always wanted those bronze C8's on my civic too. Now if I get, there will be 2 other cars that will look like it.......ha ha ha ha.... i might still do it tho :smoking:

pdiggitydogg 09-10-2004 05:44 AM

Thanks guys

Might as well get man...there arent just 2 black w/ bronze c8s

CivicSlug 09-10-2004 06:49 PM

P, here is some foolish giberish;) . If your going to spend all the time to detail your ride and take pics, why not take the time to clean that beautiful Thermal exhaust can?:yes: Basicly I'm just bein' an ass.

I already said the ride looks good, but you opened yourself up. JK

? I read your post on how to take the orange out of 96'-00' headlights. How much did you take out, cuz they still shine orange, but on your sig they look clear?

pdiggitydogg 09-10-2004 09:12 PM

I dont have DIY headlights anymore. Those in the pics are JDM SiR - clear from honda

The pic on my sig is pretty old

Shaved &/or Laid 12-02-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JDMFantasy2k
pdiggitydogg = King of JDM

his interior is EDM and his sidemarkers dont match :D

NOT KING !

mwahaha

pdiggitydogg 12-02-2004 01:21 PM

psh yeah they do
both are off an vti ek