HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If you've got the money... (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27323)

GT40FIED 05-17-2007 07:21 AM

If you've got the money...

You can live here: http://www.unlimitedspeed.net/site02.html

Features include:

-4.5 mile professionally designed race track with mile-long straight away that doubles as FAA approved runway (design by world famous designer Bob Barnard)
-Central security facility and FAA approved tower at said track
-Clubhouse with fully staffed bar, dining room, spa, and fitness facility
-3,000 acre community surrounded by 10ft. tall fence monitored 24/7 by professional security staff
-1,600 acre nature preserve with equestrian center
-Numerous fishing and recreational lakes
-Optional hanger to store your car at the race track
-18 hole signature golf course

How much will all of this set you back? Prices for a 3 acre plot start at $675,000 (homes are extra), although plot sizes can be as big as 30 acres. Oh...and you have to cough up $1,800 every month in homeowner's fees. But fuck man...your own private track? How awesome would that be? Although you'd have to be able to put up with living in Georgia. I'm not sure I could handle that.

I hate rich people. :D

ChrisCantSkate 05-17-2007 08:22 AM

thats actually very reasonable. theres lots of communities around my house back home that are that much, or more, for a 1-2 acre plot, with 50-75k a year membership fees

Racing Rice 05-17-2007 09:58 AM

That would be AWESOME!

Violent Apathy 05-17-2007 10:28 AM

Shit that sounds like a fantastic deal compared to property rates in Phoenix.

GT40FIED 05-17-2007 12:33 PM

Sure...it all looks great...but the price of just building a home there would easily top $1M-$1.5M. All of their homes are already listed on the site...no 2 are the same (they have about 75 house plans listed...only one has sold). So aside from your $675K plot minimum you're probably looking at the very least another $500K to build. Add close to $24K per year in home owner's fees and it's not so attractive for the non-super-rich. Then again, if you can afford the plot and house, what's another $2K a month?

You know...I hate the idea of a homeowner's association. Where we live we pay $100 a year and that's ok. It keeps the place nice and clean. But most of that is the city's job so the rest of the money is going into the community pool (which sucks ass), the tennis court (which are cracked and unuseable), and god only knowns what else. On the other hand, if we were to not pay the fee because no one in this house uses those facilities (we don't), we couldn't move out until we were paid up in our bullshit fees. Horseshit.

IALuder 05-17-2007 05:43 PM

i would do it. but thats a lot damn money. plus my neighbors wouldnt like me racing at 3 am every night.

ChrisCantSkate 05-17-2007 05:54 PM

those houses im guess built will sell from anywhere between 2-10+ million. you have to remeber that almost all the time, unless the whole community ends up being a bust, the value of your property+house will be alot higher than the cost of each individually, then theres the appreciation of real estate, which is low right now due to higher returns per risk-unit in the stock market, however that means spending 2 million on the land and building will net you 3-5 million worth of equity, where as 3 or 4 years ago you could be looking at 8-10 million for the same houses without much change in the cost of land. still they can and will go up as more lots are bought, and demand rises when someone wants to be there. sure the 24k a year in fees is alot, but if you want your own private racetrack plus all the amenities this community has, 24k a year is a steal.

thermal 05-18-2007 08:08 AM

... only in my dreams........