HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Body Modifications (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Wings West or Bomex?? (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14708)

ksettle 04-20-2003 11:39 AM

Wings West or Bomex??

I'm planning on getting a new front bumper for my 98 Civic Coupe and have narrowed it down to either the Bomex bumper or the Wings West Tuner Type I. I know that both are highly reputable companies, but is one any better than the other? I know the wings west is urethane and the bomex is fiberglass. I am mainly concerned with how well they will fit. Also, being a novice in body work, I have a stupid question, do you paint the bumper before or after installation? Thanks alot...any help would be appreciated.

jjcivic92 04-20-2003 06:38 PM

Alright, first off are you going to be using this vehicle as a show car, or everyday driver? If it's going to be a show car, I say go with fiberglass. If it's going to be a daily driver, you need the bumper to be really durable and able to withstand any sort of conditions - urethane. Fiberglass is really easy to crack, bust, or break. Urethan is really strong and will withstand every driving as good as you OEM, or stock, bumper. As far as painting, you will have to paint the bumper before you put it on the car.

alpine3069 04-21-2003 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jjcivic92
Alright, first off are you going to be using this vehicle as a show car, or everyday driver? If it's going to be a show car, I say go with fiberglass. If it's going to be a daily driver, you need the bumper to be really durable and able to withstand any sort of conditions - urethane. Fiberglass is really easy to crack, bust, or break. Urethan is really strong and will withstand every driving as good as you OEM, or stock, bumper. As far as painting, you will have to paint the bumper before you put it on the car.

i would have to agree with jjcivic92! i have a urethane and it has with stood the winter and everyday abuse while my friends have fiberglass and it cracks with and some what hard contact

jjcivic92 04-22-2003 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by alpine3069
i would have to agree with jjcivic92! i have a urethane and it has with stood the winter and everyday abuse while my friends have fiberglass and it cracks with and some what hard contact

Exactly! Thanks alpine. URETHANE to the end. Either that, or lower that baby to the ground and leave them OEM bumpers and skirts on there. I suggest Skunk2 Coil Overs with a Skunk2 Camber Kit. You have a '98 civic coupe, so go to www.civicshop.com - really good prices. Or PM Hondamaniac about that.

ksettle 04-22-2003 04:19 PM

Thanks for the tips. The car is a daily driver in the summer, off the road in the winter, but I'm definitely going to go with urethane. Now i just have to find one that i like. I'm not going to buy one just for the sake of buying one...maybe i will end up just lowering it for now. Thanks again.

autocrossthugg 04-22-2003 06:53 PM

Lower the car a bit and put on a ctr lip. That should give you what you are looking for.