HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tail Light Bulbs... (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9964)

ShEaNy 12-03-2002 12:49 PM

Tail Light Bulbs...

K ive having a hell of a time with my taillights....everytime i put a bulb in ..i swear a few weeks to a month later its out..i have one that doesnt light up at all right now and one that lights up but doesnt go brighter when the brakes are hit....is there a specific bulb i should get...ive been reading the codes off the other stock ones i had and just find em in the local store....are there anyother ones..i can buy that will work? i think maybe the sockets are all ****ed up...in some of em...:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :paranoid: :o

blind34_1 12-03-2002 01:03 PM

Sounds like a socket or wiring problem. Are you buying cheapy bulbs are the good ones. (like APC bulbs=crap).

Make sure they are note exposed to weather. ie; your tails are sealed and no moisture gettin in. And don't touch the bulbs with your fingers. its usually just for halogen bulbs, but I make sure not to touch any bulbs.
Accords are all over junk yards, see if you can g some new sockets and what not.

ShEaNy 12-03-2002 01:07 PM

omg...i just popped the trunk and look in there...the bulb is all whiteish grey..colour inside it....the ****ing right brake light...GOT ATEN BY THE HEAT FROM THE BULB..IT MELTED MY TAIlLIGHTS A BIT....IM SO MAD NOW..
aRGHHHH......just great......im just going right to honda...and saying heres $$ fix now....i hate screwing around at junkyards for used parts..its all crap around here...*sigh* *vents*

ebpda9 12-03-2002 02:20 PM

just get some sylvania. i think you need 1157's

94_AcCoRd_EX 12-03-2002 02:23 PM

If you still have problems, take a multimeter to the socket and see what kind of numbers you're getting.

ShEaNy 12-03-2002 07:17 PM

yea im going to do that...im still wondering y the hell did it eat my ****ing altezza's..its melted good..;( ;( ill get a pic later or tomorrow...

eviljayr 12-05-2002 02:07 PM

the same thing was happening to my bulbs, white and yellow all over. make sure you buy 1157 LLs. The plain 1157s bust after a few starts.

ebpda9 12-05-2002 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by eviljayr
the same thing was happening to my bulbs, white and yellow all over. make sure you buy 1157 LLs. The plain 1157s bust after a few starts.

i never had that problem. i have 1157's in my car for as long as i had it, that would be 3 years now

ShEaNy 12-06-2002 01:02 PM

im afraid to admit it:pfft: :pfft: but i ever since I! installed those altezzas things have ****ed up..i think i screwed by the wiring or busted the sockets somehow..;( :o :o oh well

eviljayr 12-06-2002 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i never had that problem. i have 1157's in my car for as long as i had it, that would be 3 years now

did you but the bulbs or are they the same one that came with the car when you got it? when i got my car, they already had the LLs in them.