HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Body Modifications (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Taillights. (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8585)

KwikR6 10-24-2002 01:37 PM

Taillights.

Anybody got any links on how to take apart tail lights properly without wrecking them. I want red clears for my sol but no one sells them. So ima get some alteeza's and paint the cover on the inside red. Know how?

slowEJ6 10-24-2002 03:03 PM

same way youd do with headlights....pry them apart. thats how i took apart my clear tails just for the hell of it :D

KwikR6 10-24-2002 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by slow ej6
same way youd do with headlights....pry them apart. thats how i took apart my clear tails just for the hell of it :D

What do you just take a screwdriver and basically cut the glue?

slowEJ6 10-25-2002 12:29 AM

xacto knife is better to cut the glue, use a flathead to pry, GENTLY. even moreso than with headlights.

KwikR6 10-25-2002 03:41 AM

Should I heat it up before hand???
And what should I use to reseal it back up???
Ima try it with a clear corner for my old civic sitting in my room.

slowEJ6 10-25-2002 04:28 AM

i used some automotive sealant stuff from home depot....used it when i cleared my headlights way back when...worked great.
you can heat it up beforehand, it'll make things move faster, or you can use a hair dryer.

KwikR6 10-25-2002 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by slow ej6
i used some automotive sealant stuff from home depot....used it when i cleared my headlights way back when...worked great.
you can heat it up beforehand, it'll make things move faster, or you can use a hair dryer.

sweet thanx bro...ima try 'er out today

ChrisCantSkate 10-25-2002 01:43 PM

i used a hair dryer on a set of altezza i found laying around, i got the lenses off, without cracking them, then threw them up in the air and hit it with a baseball bat

slowEJ6 10-25-2002 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 4thGenlude
i used a hair dryer on a set of altezza i found laying around, i got the lenses off, without cracking them, then threw them up in the air and hit it with a baseball bat

:D:D:D

ChrisCantSkate 10-25-2002 05:31 PM

yeah, taking the lenses off was practice for clearing the orange out of my tails, that i still havnt done. breaking them was just fun!:ricer:

KwikR6 10-26-2002 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 4thGenlude
yeah, taking the lenses off was practice for clearing the orange out of my tails, that i still havnt done. breaking them was just fun!:ricer:

man that's funny shit.....oh shit......
hahahaha ;) :):)

FausteVonHonda 10-30-2002 10:24 AM

Bake them in the oven for 200 degreees for 15 mins
thats what i did

KwikR6 10-30-2002 11:56 AM

yeah cause I had an old APC clear corner from my 5th gen civic that I tried to use a blow drier with and nothing worked. So ima try the oven

delsolvtec 10-31-2002 02:34 AM

Derek, go with all red tails. I'm in the process of doing an extra set I have right now. So far they look sweet.

You get yourself a couple of cans of candy apple red testors model tint and a good can of clear coat.

Lightly sand the outer part of the light until there is no gloss left.

Spray thin coats of the testors model tint on the lights until the color of the orange lense matches that of the red.

Clearcoat and install.

I had altezzas and got sick of them in like a week. I'll post pics as soon as I am done with the all red tails.

KwikR6 10-31-2002 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by delsolvtec
Derek, go with all red tails. I'm in the process of doing an extra set I have right now. So far they look sweet.

You get yourself a couple of cans of candy apple red testors model tint and a good can of clear coat.

Lightly sand the outer part of the light until there is no gloss left.

Spray thin coats of the testors model tint on the lights until the color of the orange lense matches that of the red.

Clearcoat and install.

I had altezzas and got sick of them in like a week. I'll post pics as soon as I am done with the all red tails.

yeah I definately want to see how they turn out...
few questions
Do you just mask off the reverse lights?
Will the red testors paint cover everything?
Thanks bro

delsolvtec 10-31-2002 12:10 PM

The red testors paint covers everything without a problem. I did it to my VW Jetta (soon to be scca solo II car) too. Here's a pic of how the lights on that came out. You mask off the reverse light and any part of the trim on the light that you don't want painted.

KwikR6 11-01-2002 12:30 PM

looks good.
how easily can you see the singal light after you do that...????

delsolvtec 11-01-2002 03:27 PM

the signal lights up fine. It's tint spray, not spraypaint so it comes out transparent. Just remember to use thin coats letting each coat dry fully before applying the next.

h0ndakilla 04-26-2003 07:40 PM

Where can I get a set or clear tailights, I know there illegal (at least i heard they are) but there hella tight and i hate those damn euro lights, if anyone knows, that'd be cool.

KwikR6 04-27-2003 02:57 AM

HOLY $HIT DUDE!
You do realize that this thread was from October of 2002. Please don't do this again or they will get locked.

h0ndakilla 04-27-2003 04:10 PM

I have no idea what exactly I did wrong, but sorry i guess.

maikoshi 04-27-2003 09:11 PM

Um yeah how dare you reply to a thread on here. You should know betta :bow:

KwikR6 04-28-2003 02:16 PM

If you would have actually read what I posted. This thread was from october 2002. Start a new thread. You'll probably get more replies.