HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Check Engine Light!!!! (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4164)

djkenc 04-10-2002 02:01 PM

Check Engine Light!!!!

i removed the cover for my headers to clean it and when i did that i unplugged the wires for the oxygen sensor(i think that is what it is) and when i installed it back on i forgot to plug it back!!! :eek: so then i started my engine then the check engine light turned on and i suddenly remembered the wire!!! so then i turned off the engine and plugged it back in. but the engine light still remains on. my friend said it should go off within 3 more trips but it has been almost a week! would there be any damage or do i just need to have somebody reset it?

bckwld94acc 04-10-2002 02:24 PM

Try checking hte o2 sensor again and try taking out and plugging it back in. If that doesn't work, you may have to reset it somehow.

blownteggy 04-10-2002 03:51 PM

first, do you have a stock stereo? if you do locate the security pin the dealship gave you, if you have an aftermarket deck don't worry about it...now, unscrew the negative wire from the battery, then take out the ecu fuse in the fuse box...let it sit like that for 10-15 minutes...after 10-15 minutes plug the fuse back in and put the negative wire back on the terminal...start the car and let it run for 15 minutes...DO NOT STEP ON THE GAS!!! hope that works...also if you got astock deck enter the pin so you can listen to the radio later hope that works

ebpda9 04-10-2002 03:51 PM

www.hondata.com/techecucodes.html

djkenc 04-10-2002 08:14 PM

hey thanks blownteggy!!!!!! that worked like a charm...so if there was nething wrong with the engine the light would just turn back on but since it didnt' then everything should be fine??

blownteggy 04-11-2002 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by djkenc
hey thanks blownteggy!!!!!! that worked like a charm...so if there was nething wrong with the engine the light would just turn back on but since it didnt' then everything should be fine??

everything is fine. the only reason it went off was because you started the car without the o2 sensor plugged in. BTW where do you spin at?

djkenc 04-12-2002 02:27 AM

well i'm still in the process of gettin my name out there n stuff...i have 2 raves comin up in the summer...still dunno all the details yet but they r gonna be pretty big. (might be spinnin along side mars n mystre, thomas trouble, and many more big names from the bay) i had lots of peeps promise me things but a lot of them flake on me so i'm still tryin 2 find that person that will really help me out....;(

blownteggy 04-12-2002 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by djkenc
well i'm still in the process of gettin my name out there n stuff...i have 2 raves comin up in the summer...still dunno all the details yet but they r gonna be pretty big. (might be spinnin along side mars n mystre, thomas trouble, and many more big names from the bay) i had lots of peeps promise me things but a lot of them flake on me so i'm still tryin 2 find that person that will really help me out....;(

have spun at 550 before?

djkenc 04-12-2002 03:48 PM

i'm talkin to this promoter for 550, 1015 and the end up...still tryin 2 work things out wit them...hopefully i'll be spinnin there soon. ;)