HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nitrous (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Spraying question (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3238)

insomniac 02-26-2002 02:42 PM

Spraying question

How long can I spray nitrous?
Typically you only want to spray for a maximum of 10-15 seconds and after 3000 RPMs. Also you do NOT want to spray near your rev limiter or your speed limiter. This is because they both are fuel cutoff points. This will cause you car to instantly run lean.

I just read that in the FAQ I was just curious if that is totally accurate in my mind I thought it was only a 5second or so thing. You can spray for 10-15seconds?? thats like the 1/4????

I was wondering how it would work in my automatic. When would you spray and how long type of thing. I'm thinking of picking up the Zex kit and doing the 55 or 65 shot. I'm afraid the dx engine won't be very good with 65 shot though. Someone lend a hand?

Addict 02-28-2002 01:24 PM

Re: Spraying question

Quote:

Originally posted by insomniac

I just read that in the FAQ I was just curious if that is totally accurate in my mind I thought it was only a 5second or so thing. You can spray for 10-15seconds?? thats like the 1/4????

I was wondering how it would work in my automatic. When would you spray and how long type of thing. I'm thinking of picking up the Zex kit and doing the 55 or 65 shot. I'm afraid the dx engine won't be very good with 65 shot though. Someone lend a hand?

Yes. That's accurate. In fact I would spray just after I got rolling on the 1/4 and run it just about to the end. You get more traction. Same rules for an automatic( I had an auto).

You could run 75 shot on your DX if you want. Make sure you get a compression test just to verify your cylinders are holding up. 65 & higher and you will need to retard you timing accordingly. You don't need to retard your timing on 55 shot though.

Niacin 03-03-2002 10:36 PM

You might also wanna look into a window switch so you don't spray your clutch bands while the tranny is shifting.

Max

insomniac 03-11-2002 01:30 AM

Re: Re: Spraying question

Quote:

Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Yes. That's accurate. In fact I would spray just after I got rolling on the 1/4 and run it just about to the end. You get more traction. Same rules for an automatic( I had an auto).

You could run 75 shot on your DX if you want. Make sure you get a compression test just to verify your cylinders are holding up. 65 & higher and you will need to retard you timing accordingly. You don't need to retard your timing on 55 shot though.

Wow damn I didn't know that, how long with a 10lb bottle last if I sprayed the whole 1/4 run? I'm assuming with the auto the run will take at least 15-16seconds. 55shot that is.

Addict 03-11-2002 06:58 AM

Re: Re: Re: Spraying question

Quote:

Wow damn I didn't know that, how long with a 10lb bottle last if I sprayed the whole 1/4 run? I'm assuming with the auto the run will take at least 15-16seconds. 55shot that is.

A 10lb. bottle will last about 2-2.5 minutes. So that's about 10 or so runs....

insomniac 03-11-2002 01:54 PM

Awesome thanks, my only problem is my fear of blowin the engine now, soon as I get over this fear the kit will get put in :)

Addict 03-11-2002 02:40 PM

Buy the kit.... Once you have it you'll be over that fear... There's really nothing to fear.

insomniac 03-11-2002 11:29 PM

what other things do you think i'll need for a 55shot?

FPR, Thickerwires, Colder plugs, A/F guage, Nitrous Pressure guage

Anything else?

Addict 03-12-2002 05:18 AM

Quote:

what other things do you think i'll need for a 55shot?

FPR, Thickerwires, Colder plugs, A/F guage, Nitrous Pressure guage

Anything else?

One step colder plugs...... The other things are optional....

N20 gauge is nice to have as well as the A/F gauge.