HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interior Modifications (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   what you've been waiting for.... my DYED interior...*pics* (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6050)

azn_nite_ryder 07-01-2002 02:32 AM

what you've been waiting for.... my DYED interior...*pics*

well folks... i found a pic of my car interior so im posting it here.... its not so clear but it shows what was done..... this pic was taken at import nites 2.... lemme know what you guys think... my seats are getting redone as we speak....

94_AcCoRd_EX 07-01-2002 02:36 AM

Wow, looks really clean. I love it :bow:

Accord Man 07-01-2002 09:13 AM

ya very clean job..

you did it yourself??

ShEaNy 07-01-2002 11:49 AM

ya how did u do that? What paint/material did u use?

spoogenet 07-02-2002 08:15 AM

Only problem I see is the Playstation.....shoulda put in a PS2. :)

Looks good. Wanna come down to Austin and help me do mine sometime? :D

b

Whtehnda93DXSdn 07-02-2002 08:30 AM

Very nice looking...the job came out very well...

Thanks for sharing the pics.....:yes: :yes: :yes:

ebpda9 07-02-2002 10:03 AM

looks nice.

azn_nite_ryder 07-02-2002 11:28 AM

hahaha.. thanks for the comments.... and yes it is a PS1 but just today i slapped in the PS2... woo hoo.... now i'll be even more ready for the show in montreal "FULL THROTTLE... where sex and cars collide" hahaha

and yes i did do this all myself.... the stuff i use is a vinyl dye that you just rub on.... i'll get the name for you folks... i then used some clear coat to give it a nice smooth finish....

basically now i can take a pen and try to scratch the stuff off and it wont come off...:yes: now that is what makes dye better than paint...

Grip72 07-02-2002 02:39 PM

Did you remove your whole dash and everything and dye it separately or what? Also was the dye just sort of like a liquid or what? Please explain..it looks really sweet.

azn_nite_ryder 07-03-2002 12:20 AM

yea i took everything apart... the dash came off so it was easier to access the back part closer to the window... took about 20 mins to remove the dash.... as for the dye you can get 2 diff versions of it.... ona is in a can and you can spray the dye on... or you can get this wax like dye that you rub on..... its like a crayon that you kinda colour in....

since my car has been exposed everyone asked me where i got my dash done.... when they found out that i did it... ( i swear it looks professinally done) i've now been contracted to do 2 other cars ( show cars).... now the pressure is on to do a good of a job on thiers as i did on mine.....

both these cars will be showcased at darknights and full throttle...

azn_nite_ryder 07-03-2002 12:22 AM

oops.... that came out wrong... i meant my stuff is ok.. not the greatest but i have to make it better on their cars.... hahaha man i am tired....

KwikR6 07-04-2002 11:19 AM

What's the name of it man???? I want to dye mine soooo bad...but I do'nt know any brands to use. I have the money. SO that's not an issue. and sort of have the time...sooo that's not an issue. Just the right brand to use. Help meeee please.

Violent Apathy 07-05-2002 02:28 PM

Hmm, non-analog ps2 controller....ghetto. ;)
heh sorry i work in a video game store ;)

azn_nite_ryder 07-06-2002 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheBaconKing
Hmm, non-analog ps2 controller....ghetto. ;)
heh sorry i work in a video game store ;)

huh?!? what are you talking about?? that is a ps1 in the car... but i replaced that with a ps2...:rolleyes:

KwikR6 07-06-2002 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dereks civic
What's the name of it man???? I want to dye mine soooo bad...but I do'nt know any brands to use. I have the money. SO that's not an issue. and sort of have the time...sooo that's not an issue. Just the right brand to use. Help meeee please.
Uhhh....Please....

azn_nite_ryder 07-06-2002 04:03 PM

alright... so how much do you wanna pay for this???? LOL kidding...... are you ready ???????
*drum roll*

the name of the stuff is made by "Xcel" vinyl colour change
i'll be posting up more pics of these other cars i've been contracted to do....
this stuff is better than paint folks... very flexible and doesnt flake off

KwikR6 07-06-2002 06:39 PM

Like I said..money is not an issue...I would rather pay for quailty then quantity...**** I hate when people go cheap with stuff. Pay for what you get right?

2000civicexcoupe 07-06-2002 06:48 PM

Can you teach me how to take my dash out? I really wanna do this to my car as well. Yours looks so amazingly phat. I have a silver so I am not exactly sure what color scheme to use. Any suggestions? Alright man, ill ride. keep up the good work.

Civicfrenzy 07-07-2002 01:12 AM

Where can u find this stuff that u used?
Thnx
By the way it looks amazing!

ChrisCantSkate 07-20-2002 08:24 PM

damn man, that looks clean as hell.

azn_nite_ryder 07-21-2002 10:50 PM

thanks for all the comments people... i'll post up the pics that i just took at the recent shows i've competed in....
and now im going to ry and attempt the seats....

but as for where you buy it.. i live in canada and i know the us and us here have different stores... so i suggest looking them up in the directories.....
but normally paint places do have them too...

Civicfrenzy 07-24-2002 11:20 PM

Im looking on the internet for the stuff. There must be a million things called Xcel

Civicfrenzy 07-24-2002 11:26 PM

Where did u buy it in Canada. I cant find it online or stores. Maybe im looking in the wrong places???

DjFrost 08-14-2002 10:24 AM

Yo man where did you find that stuff in Canada??? What is the name of the store and do they have more then one in Canada??? I live like 10 min away from Windsor, all I have to do it cross the bridge or take the tunnel.

Help me out dude am sick of lookin at my ugly interior color :)

azn_nite_ryder 08-14-2002 05:44 PM

yea theres tonnes of those stores up here.... i know there are some in windsor.... go to Canadian tire stores around there.... they'll have it for sure:yes:

DjFrost 08-14-2002 07:09 PM

What is the name of the store you went to ???

cstrom80 08-22-2002 01:00 PM

Has anyone actually found this Xcel Vinyl Colour Dye?????? If you have, someone please tell me where I can get some. Thanks guys.

Grip72 08-24-2002 04:48 PM

Did you have to sand down the vinyl or something or anything before dyeing it white? I want to dye pieces of my interior red to match my exterior color. My interior is black right now so would i have to dye it white first or what?

azn_nite_ryder 08-26-2002 03:58 AM

hmmm no ones foudn it?? k i'll take a snap of the can to show you guys...

and no you dont have to sand the vinyl down.... just really get it all clean and make sure to remove any amour all if you have some on it... it should be fine...

DjFrost 08-26-2002 09:22 AM

Hmmm nope I did not find it. Is it sold in a chain store kind of like Pep Boys in US? If it is a chain store they probably would have it in Windsor. But you never mentioned the name of the store you got it from

azn_nite_ryder 08-26-2002 10:58 PM

yea it wouldbe just as big as pep boys.... and i did mention the name.. Canadian tire.... just look up a couple of replies.... they should have it in windsor....

DjFrost 08-27-2002 12:50 AM

aight I found the site for Canadian Tire. I will call up those places and see if they have that stuff before I make a trip over the border :)

They better too or it's your A$$ lol ;)

Oh one more thing what type of surfaces does it work on?

azn_nite_ryder 08-28-2002 02:51 AM

works on all type of vinyl surfaces smooth or ruff.....LOL

turbocivic4 09-01-2002 03:54 AM

ok

So after reading this whole post I still dont know where to get this Xcel vinyl color change dye?
I see everyone wants to know where
So where??????

DjFrost 09-01-2002 12:51 PM

Blah crap I went to Canada this week with my folks, they went their way and I went my.................. well I dropped by a Canadian Tire store here in Windosor and their paint section was so small and horrible............. oh and by the way I did not find it there................ where in tha hell can I get that stuff ;)

azn_nite_ryder 09-01-2002 09:14 PM

CANADIAN TIRE.. you get it there...

dj frost... try going on the web site and see if theres a order online thingy.. i'll get you the code that you need from the can.... that'll prolly help you...

turbocivic4 09-02-2002 03:19 AM

ok

Well i went to canadian tire web site and couldnt find anything dealin with the xcel products

turbocivic4 09-02-2002 03:25 AM

ok

Alright I just sent a email to Canadian Tire asking about this particular product , ill post the answer as soon as i get it

DjFrost 09-02-2002 07:46 AM

Give me the product code :)

DelSolStylin 09-16-2002 10:57 PM

ya no joke, tell us please? i will show u my boobies :)

seriously, the interior of my del Sol is gray and black and i want to dye the gray parts red to match the seats and body. does this dye u were talking about come in milano red (or the equivalent) and WHAT IS IT CALLED?

thx, Julie