HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   u may think twice about driving fast. (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10514)

SVT Cobra 12-22-2002 12:40 PM

u may think twice about driving fast.

1 Attachment(s)
4:30 am on saturday coming home on a wide open highway, i hit some sand. the pictures describe it alittle better. let's just say i hit a tree going anywhere from 75-105mph, don't even know. i ripped the tree out of the ground, snapped it in half then flipped once or twice. tell me how i walked away with cuts on my hands and head and some back and neck pain. paramedics said anyone who comes out of a car looking like that is either in a coma on a stretcher or dead. any passengers would have died too. f*ck driving fast. F*ck fast cars. F*ck racing.

SVT Cobra 12-22-2002 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

SVT Cobra 12-22-2002 12:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)

SVT Cobra 12-22-2002 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looks a lot worse in person.

Kyle 12-22-2002 12:55 PM

damn dude...sorry you had to go through that...

ebpda9 12-22-2002 01:08 PM

dang dude. that looks really bad. you were extremely lucky.

and i know the scenario really well. here is my car after hitin a lighting pole at 45mph

http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...threadid=10347

custom rookie 12-22-2002 02:06 PM

dang dude that looks painfull
have you seen the RSX in the RSX chat room that one is really messed, he hit a curb doing 100+ flipped several times, wasnt even hurt.
i wish i had the thread but shouldnt be hard to find

SVT Cobra 12-22-2002 02:14 PM

thanks guys. don't know how i walked away from it either, but hey at least i have some pain killers.

now i gotta see how much insurance is gonna give me back and i know im gonna get f*cked over big time. i need to buy a blazer or something, then maybe after my birthday in may ill attempt to get another "fast" car but this time be responsible. i really want to get my engine out adn keep dumping money into untill i find something i wanna put it in. F1 Procharger, forged internals? can you say over 600hp? ha. who knows whats gonna happen.

TeriyakiBroccoli 12-22-2002 02:35 PM

noooooooo, the cobra!

good to hear you got out ok though.. I cant believe you just totalled your car... anything salvagable?

Wren57 12-22-2002 02:49 PM

Damn dude that's rough! Lucky as hell you got outta that thing alive with all of your limbs... thats scary... hope you can get the insurance to go through without too much of a hitch- glad ur here to tell us the tale though

mt.biker 12-22-2002 03:26 PM

i'm glad to hear you're alive, you are truly lucky to be alive.

Any chance you'll get charged?

94_AcCoRd_EX 12-22-2002 04:20 PM

Hey man, at least you're ok and you learned something from this. Just take it easy for awhile and think things over. Then build another fast car... but keep it on the track :yes:

Grip72 12-22-2002 04:23 PM

OH buddy..you poor guy. YOu're really lucky to be alive man..seeing those pictures made me tremble alot. Thanks for posting and thank you're lucky stars buddy. Good luck with everything man.

ford50forlife 12-22-2002 05:26 PM

yea.. i took a ride with dave (cobra owner) to go find his bumper in the woods... its a ****ing WICKED scene and you can tell by the tire marks that he CAUGHT the car right as it went straight for a tree, then he UPROOTED THE SMALL TREE AND "GRINDED" it i i think launched and flipped then rolled, theres car parts everywhere on 25

ChrisCantSkate 12-23-2002 12:20 PM

wow man... that really sucks.. glad your ok. i hate reading about speed wrecks.

juvenile 12-23-2002 01:32 PM

:no:
Just to get this straight...you were driving ont he highway alone speeding and there was sand on one lane? I didn't really get how you got into sand.

And these kind of survivals are always amazing. To me, this is why I believe in God. I'm glad you are ok though. Try to get as much from insurance as possible. Peace. :)

firstgeardude 12-23-2002 11:22 PM

dam, thats horibble. good to hear the you made it

SVT Cobra 12-24-2002 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by juvenile
:no:
Just to get this straight...you were driving ont he highway alone speeding and there was sand on one lane? I didn't really get how you got into sand.

And these kind of survivals are always amazing. To me, this is why I believe in God. I'm glad you are ok though. Try to get as much from insurance as possible. Peace. :)

u know how there is always a little bit of sand, pebbles, other junk usually on the edges of any road. well maybe a truck layed some sand down a week ago cuz of the snow, and from ppl driving on the highway it carried over to the right lane and thats where most of it was. it blended in pretty good. and no one really goes in that far right lane, so all the crap and sand stayed there on the edge. and i was in 4th gear which feels more like 3rd, then i just went to accelerate more and as soon as i pushed in the pedal, the back end kicked out and it was over from there.

Grip72 12-25-2002 01:45 AM

SVT COBRA...:What were your mods again buddy?

SVT Cobra 12-25-2002 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Accord17
SVT COBRA...:What were your mods again buddy?

Addict 12-26-2002 11:44 AM

Lucky.
Man you are very lucky to walk away from that.

Keep us updated on the car situation....

TonitrusEN 12-26-2002 03:44 PM

Glad to see you made it out bro, sucks about your car tho

V8killimports 12-30-2002 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TonitrusEN
Glad to see you made it out bro, sucks about your car tho

That's what you get when driving at speeds like that. Why do you have to go 100+ mph? No reason at all. You are very lucky, and I think this will be a great lesson for you. You could have killed yourself or other people.. you got off very lucky and should consider yourself the luckiest person here.

Rob 12-30-2002 05:24 PM

sorry to hear about your car SVT....at least you were able to walk away from the accident...hopefully everything will work out for you with the insurance........

guywithastang 12-31-2002 01:04 AM

sorry to hear what happend. I rolled my drop top stang a few years back( broke my neck, but not my spinal cord, thank God). Glad you came out on top. :no:
On a lighter note, Welcome to the "I just wrecked my mustang so I will get two more" club.;)

toykilla 01-06-2003 12:11 PM

That sucks man. Even though we like to ***** and argue at each other, i'm really sorry to hear about that. What do you plan to do now since you have been forced to hate racing/speed?? What are your plans for your upcoming car?

SVT Cobra 01-06-2003 12:18 PM

well i am back to the 77 primered impala once again.
insurance said my car was totaled last week..... but still have not told me what im getting back.

i definitly need to buy somethin i can drive everyday before i ever get a "fast" car again. maybe a blazer, jeep cherokee, mitsu diamante, some shit like that. somethin cheap.. then i gotta save.
i wanted to buy my car back for the engine and get a fox body to drop it in or sell the engine. i would have like to get a 99 trans am as a possibility but thats not gonna work now that ive got no money.

so looks like i gotta get somethin shitty for a couple years... the new mustangs are lookin pretty nice. if u havent seen them. check out stangnet.com. over 400hp for the GT! prettyy much an 03 cobra with some more power. cant wait to see the cobra. i also wanna see if GM will make another T/A. i know ill get somethin quick again... ill just be a lot more responsible.

RU_Teg 01-08-2003 01:03 PM

damn bro, really sorry to hear that happened to your car...but the important thing is ur okay....I hit a light pole in october and it fell on top of my car and nothing happened to me...although i need new fenders and a new hood...:crazy:

SVT Cobra 01-22-2003 11:11 PM

well i finally paid off my loan today. i got a $14600 check from insurance. still losing almost $6000... nothing i can do...

i decided to not buy the car back because with my luck somethin would be wrong with the engine and i'd be stuck with a totaled car in my driveway. it wasnt worth risking $1000 when i need every penny i can get right now if im gonna buy somethin else.

believe this or not.... i am getting a silver 2002 WRX. well 90% sure i will have it next week.

ford50forlife 01-23-2003 05:12 AM

Fox body eh? :hmmm: where what was the dealership called in new britian? in all honesty even if you get it for 1K and the motor is toast the tranny alone is worth that not to mention interior and rear end/ gearing....

btw take me for a ride in the X lol

Addict 01-23-2003 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVT Cobra

believe this or not.... i am getting a silver 2002 WRX. well 90% sure i will have it next week.

Nice. I love the WRX's.

Racing Rice 01-24-2003 12:21 PM

Good God man!!! You are one lucky mofo, glad you made it out okay.:eek:

Hoss 02-01-2003 12:08 PM

ouch man that looked like it hurt