HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   For The Geek In You (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Knoppix (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12817)

Daviso27 02-20-2003 12:31 PM

Knoppix

Has any one heard of KNOPIXX?

94_AcCoRd_EX 02-20-2003 12:48 PM

Its knoppix, and yes.

Its basically linux on a bootable CD. What do you want to know about it?

Daviso27 03-13-2003 01:51 AM

I use it to repair fked up Win OS systems...I also use it when my nephew comes over and wants to use the PC...I load that baby in and let him go at it with no worries.

I recently found a version that includes "airsnort" which is a WiFi hunter, I use it for WarDriving. It also has an ill'ass media player that streams video "flawless" unlike MSMP.

Daviso27 03-13-2003 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Its knoppix...

I spelt'it write on da fourum post suptject lyn.

Duckydos 03-13-2003 06:49 AM

Hey, another Orlando WarDriver... mind suggesting any hot spots?
The UCF area is pretty active, with all the apartment complex'es near by, and very little to no encrymption (jesus christ I just slaughtered the spelling). But UCF networks are pretty secure (although I'm a student so I gots the access). But other then UCF area, I haven't really ventured out.
Peace,
Ducky

94_AcCoRd_EX 03-13-2003 01:09 PM

What are you guys trying to accomplish going war driving? Or do you just do it for fun?

Duckydos 03-13-2003 06:08 PM

To be honest, I have never really gotten that much into it. It's kinda fun to go around and find a internet connect or network... like find a 4 leaf clover or something. I have never 'hacked' into anyone's files though.

Daviso27 03-13-2003 09:13 PM

Quote:

What are you guys trying to accomplish going war driving? Or do you just do it for fun?

I'm out to fukup someone's network...

94_AcCoRd_EX 03-14-2003 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Daviso27

You da man :rolleyes:

Addict 03-15-2003 12:07 PM

What's the point of asking if you already know what it is?

Quote:

Oh boy another hacker wannabe......

Don't you have something better to do with your time? There's no purpose in messing with someone's network.

94_AcCoRd_EX 03-15-2003 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Civic_Addict

I asked because some people just go around trying to find an internet connection which is fairly harmless.

Addict 03-15-2003 03:20 PM

Quote:

I asked because some people just go around trying to find an internet connection which is fairly harmless.

Not you. Daviso27. He asked if anyone knew about it, but he already knows about it.

Kyle 03-15-2003 04:36 PM

attention deficit disorder

Daviso27 03-17-2003 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Oh boy another hacker wannabe......

Don't you have something better to do with your time? There's no purpose in messing with someone's network.

I work in the Wireless Security Field...It is my job...That's my purpose.

The reason I asked about Knoppix, was to find out more...the replies just went in a different direction...What the Fukisup with you people? My 6 year old nephew could have figured that out by reading the replies carefully.

Next time you decide to make stupid comments about someone...Stop...think about it...then decide if you want to make an ass out of yourself.

I hope that answers your questions...
:yes:

Duckydos 03-18-2003 12:23 AM

When you ask such a vague question, expect vague answers. Like "Ever heard of VTEC?" would produce 500 off-topic answers. I don't see the point in asking a question that you already know the answer to; unless you are just doing it to feel good about yourself.

-Ducky

Addict 03-18-2003 06:22 AM

Quote:

I work in the Wireless Security Field...It is my job...That's my purpose.

Right. "I'm out to fukup someone's network..." But you work in the Wireless Security field. Is that anything like "I'm a trashman, but call me a sanitation engineer"? :rolleyes:
Quote:

The reason I asked about Knoppix, was to find out more...the replies just went in a different direction...What the Fukisup with you people? My 6 year old nephew could have figured that out by reading the replies carefully.

Next time you decide to make stupid comments about someone...Stop...think about it...then decide if you want to make an ass out of yourself.

I hope that answers your questions...
:yes:

That last part makes no sense. Figured what out? That you're a wannabe hacker that has nothing better to do than to try & " fukup someone's network...". :rolleyes:

I wasn't going to say anything, but when you make ignorant comments like that, you should expect some response. Its people like you that put a bad image on hacking. The majority aren't out to "fukup someone's network...".

Racing Rice 03-18-2003 06:41 AM

Daviso27,

What you have to remember is that a lot of us here work in the computer field, and theres nothing more annoying then a little script kiddie that has nothing better to do then "fukup someones network" and Im sure the majority of us dont find it the least bit funny. Just plain disrespectful.

If you do work in the "Wireless Security Field" like you say you do, you would be getting paid to find exploits and fix them for people not to "fukup someones network". :rolleyes:

Daviso27 03-18-2003 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How can I give hackers a bad name? What kind of Sh!t is that? I do it for practice...I would be unemployed if those who work in the "computer field" knew what the hell they were doing...It is not hard to secure a network...If you don't secure it, you deserved to get hacked...

:foot: Anyways, you guys are right...I am just a wannabe hacker bastard with an attention deficit disorder, who writes vague posts on stuff I already know just to make myself feel better...

I am going to quit my job, grow a beard, and donate my PC's and sh!t to <The Ohio House for Underprivilege Women and Children Who Can't Read Good> Then maybe your mothers can chat on one of those "Chix wit Dix" websites

Racing Rice 03-18-2003 01:22 PM

I wish I were as cool as you..:rolleyes:

Addict 03-18-2003 01:33 PM

Ghetto Force. I should've guessed that one by your typing skills.:rolleyes:

That's great that you practice. Nothing wrong with that. There is something wrong with the "fukup someone's network" part. That's the part that I don't agree with.

Daviso27 03-18-2003 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Racing Rice
I wish I were as cool as you..:rolleyes:

Don't wish that...I think you're the coolest in all of HS...:yes:

Daviso27 03-18-2003 02:06 PM

I am sorry...

I am sorry for everything I said that was out of line...

I really didn't mean that your mothers had dix...

Addict 03-18-2003 02:20 PM

Quote:

I am sorry...

I am sorry for everything I said that was out of line...

I really didn't mean that your mothers had dix...

Heh. So truce.

But you're still giving up your computer to "<The Ohio House for Underprivilege Women and Children Who Can't Read Good>" right? They need some computers....... jfwy

Daviso27 03-19-2003 12:33 PM

Does anyone know about any other versions of Knoppix?

I believe that the one I have is for kids, or something like that.