HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   High Performance (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How can I be faster?? (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7099)

kilo97civic 09-02-2002 03:58 PM

How can I be faster??

Hi,

I just bought a 97 civic ex...what can I do to be faster as far as engine mods?? I have cool air intake already along with an entire exhaust system...what else can i do???

VieT916 09-02-2002 05:00 PM

Re: How can I be faster??

Quote:

Originally posted by kilo97civic
Hi,

I just bought a 97 civic ex...what can I do to be faster as far as engine mods?? I have cool air intake already along with an entire exhaust system...what else can i do???

Boost ... or engine swap, which would be a really big engine mod. ;)

2ndGenTeg 09-02-2002 07:24 PM

This is a very open ended question. Try and be a little more specific.

Are you looking at doing a major overhaul of the engine? What kind of budget are you looking at? Are you gonna do everything at once, or is this going to be an ongoing project, done a piece at a time? What do you want to outrun? Do you want to be faster down the drag strip, or faster around the track?

Direction, please.

kilo97civic 09-02-2002 08:26 PM

I was thinking more of a one piece at a time...my budget it pretty much endless but i am not planning on any kind of boost or a swap yet...i wanted ideas more along the line of components for the engine...I want it to be faster down the strip

ebpda9 09-02-2002 09:23 PM

why waste money on part you're not gonna use afterwards ?

kilo97civic 09-02-2002 10:15 PM

i dont know....thats why i need help...dont try to bust my balls...just wanted to some help...and the only reason i want to be fast now is because i will be going to a school in a couple of years and then i will swap everything and sell the extra parts on the internet...

delsolvtec 09-07-2002 01:17 AM

Start with your basic bolt ons. Get a good cold air intake, header and exhaust. Then up the fuel pressure with a Fuel pressure riser. Hit the ignition system (MSD blaster coil, cap and wires). Then you can get into a cam, adjustable cam gear, underdrive pulleys etc..

kilo97civic 09-08-2002 10:06 AM

97 Civic

thanks delsolvtech....i looked into all that stuff....i already have an entire exhaust system...what do you think should come first though?? cam gears and pulleys or the msd ignition, coil pack, distributor, and 10.4 mm wires???

delsolvtec 09-08-2002 01:09 PM

Re: 97 Civic

Quote:

Originally posted by kilo97civic
thanks delsolvtech....i looked into all that stuff....i already have an entire exhaust system...what do you think should come first though?? cam gears and pulleys or the msd ignition, coil pack, distributor, and 10.4 mm wires???

If you have a header and full exhaust maybe think about upgrading your cat. I installed a catco cat on my car and it made a huge difference. If you have an intake already you can throw in a cam. An intake will let more air into the engine, an exhaust will let more air out. A cam will open your valves more allowing that air to actually enter the cumbustion chamber. While you are installing a cam throw on a cam gear and some underdrive pulleys. Then upgrade the fuel pressure regulator to allow more fuel to mix with the extra air and you have more power. Then upgrade the ignition to allow the new mixture to be burned efficiently.

guest 09-25-2002 05:47 PM

Stickers...
(*Ducks, Runs and Hides*)

guest 09-25-2002 05:50 PM

And a giant wing

ShEaNy 09-25-2002 07:41 PM

YA those stickers and a wing will give u 70 horse..(*cOUGH* Jerk *cough* (not directed at guest at all, in any way shape way or form)) but since u have the exhaust and intake get headers..then maybe work on the ignition and then fuel upgrades..like that everyone said up there.. but FIRST THE STICKERS :bow: :yes: :D

ForceInjection 09-27-2002 01:04 PM

get a supercharger, turbo, or NOS and that will make you a lot quicker.