HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fast and Furious Females (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   A quick question for the ladies (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25703)

GT40FIED 12-03-2005 04:31 PM

A quick question for the ladies

What is it about women that they insist on calling you by your full name? I swear, I could introduce myself to a group of guys as Steven and I would automatically become Steve to all of them. I could do the same thing to a group of girls except I'd call myself Steve and at least half of them would call me Steven (right Lyna? :D). My ex CONSTANTLY called me Steven even after I told her it bugged me on several occassions. So what gives?

Mischief 12-03-2005 06:01 PM

It's the truth for the most part.. but for me it's mostly girls that like me that call me Christopher.. like if I'm just friends with a girl it's only Chris.. Or if they have something important to say / are upset or whatever.. it's Christopher again.. it's weird

pdiggitydogg 12-03-2005 06:31 PM

yeah...why the hell is that??
If I wanted to be called Patrick, Id introduce myself that way

MissJDM 12-03-2005 11:44 PM

Pshhh, I don't care what you wanna be called, as long as you answer to what I call you.

:smoking:

joke joke.

I like to call people by their whole name. I don't have a reason why, but I guess I'm just that type of gal. If I like someone (friendly way) I'll call you by your full name or have a nick name for ya. If I don't like you, I'll call you what you introduce me or I don't use your name at all.

Oh yah, (PAT's an exception) :yes:

Double Oh Yeah, :wave: Stevennnnnnn!!! (You love it!!)

GT40FIED 12-04-2005 12:54 AM

Does that mean I get to call you by your full name?;)

pdiggitydogg 12-04-2005 01:20 AM

Yes, thanks LYNA.

I never call my guy friends by their names...just 'Hey' or 'Dude'

ChrisCantSkate 12-04-2005 09:10 AM

heh i dont respond to christopher, it dosnt even sound like my name to me, i've been "chris" or some random nickname since about 3 years old

DsBlu01CivEX 12-04-2005 09:39 AM

I will usually call guys, whether I'm interested in them or not, by what they introduce themselves to me as. So if you introduce yourself to me by your full name, that's what I'll refer to you as, unless of course you later tell me that it bothers you and then I'll call you whatever.

But guys do the same thing. I always introduce myself as D and 90% of the time they'll continue to ask me what my full name is until I break and tell them. And then from that point on they call me by my full name. If I wanted to be referred to as Denise, I'd introduce myself that way...I feel where you guys are comin from!

I think the girls that do that sometimes just do it to push buttons or because they're girls and can basically get away with it.

MissJDM 12-04-2005 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GT40FIED
Does that mean I get to call you by your full name?;)

Don't. You. Dare, Mister! :D

I've never had anyone tell me that calling them by their full name is bothersome. There's actually one guy friend, J, I don't call "Justin" because that's what his grandmother used to call him before she passed. In situations like those, we girls all call him "J".

Thanks D, for giving your name up. Last time I saw a few of your posts, I thought "what does D stand for!?" :yes:

GT40FIED 12-05-2005 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MissJDM
Don't. You. Dare, Mister! :D

Well dang. :D:D

MissJDM 12-05-2005 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GT40FIED
Well dang. :D:D

!!!

These inside jokes probably make us look crazy.
So with that said, I am gonna go listen to some home-made songs!

:D

mylittlecivic 12-07-2005 01:28 AM

i always call you steve..

GT40FIED 12-07-2005 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mylittlecivic
i always call you steve..

And that's why I started the Anna Fan Club.:D

Rob 12-07-2005 09:01 AM

and that's why I am the #1 fan....,;)

AngelSwift 07-05-2021 02:02 AM

Really interesting...