HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2000 R1 vs. 2001 SS Camaro (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18691)

black95gs-t 11-30-2003 03:33 PM

2000 R1 vs. 2001 SS Camaro

It was the same night as the Vette just a little further down the road. Same thing happened. This time I was thinking, "I just messed up a Vette. Do I really want to waste the gas? Of course I do." As I was looking at the Camaro I noticed a few stickers on the side from a local LT1/LS1 F-Body shop. This was a Supercharged Camaro. Now I get a Vette and an S/C Camaro in the same night. I signaled him to go. This time I did not give him a head start though. I left it in 6th so I figured the fact that I was not down shifting made it fair. He was right with me up to 100, (we started at 80), but once I hit the beefey part of my torque curve (5500 RPM), I was gone. Same result. I got to about 155 and shut it down. He slamed on his brakes and hit the next exit. I guess he was too embarrised to look at me. The best part is that I didn't even down shift.
J

ebpda9 11-30-2003 05:58 PM

now i really want a bike ;)

VR4_Craver 11-30-2003 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hondaman-iac
now i really want a bike ;)

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

probably the first thing i do when i become a millonare ;) :rolleyes: Sooner or later i will have though its on my Things-To-Have-Before-I-die list right above the 2000 NSX

denzien 12-05-2003 01:56 PM

Quote:

He slamed on his brakes and hit the next exit. I guess he was too embarrised to look at me.

You know, I notice a lot of people doing stuff like this. Mind you, my car is only good to 40mph, but from a stop light, I'll take off normally, not fast or anything, but then some idiot next to me in a V6 SUV or Minivan or something slow will bolt off the line.

I can't help it, I take this not only as a challenge, but as an insult so I punch the gas a scream past them, and as soon as I do, they *always* put on their blinker and slow down, as if they were going to turn all along :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just coincidence *shrug*

Civickid0to60 12-05-2003 04:29 PM

dude, its a cool story and everything, but....man, what is the point in ragging out your bike on a car? There is no way in hell, that a car can keep up with a bike so...i really dont understand. My friend drives a 10 second gsx everynow and then, (usually keeps it garaged) and it wasnt even close to keeping up with a bike in the long run of the race. so there's really no point besides wasting your gas, and ragging out your motor. bikes are fun to top out, get away from cops, do tricks, and pick up girls but for racing? There's really no point unless its against another bike. no offense or anything just my feelings.

Anotherslo1 12-05-2003 04:46 PM

Evil to rev on cars, knowing high end you are gonna kill the car. It might not be fair, but I'd probably do it too. After all, the camero knew what he was getting into! :yes:

Street bikes need love too! :rolleyes:

black95gs-t 12-06-2003 06:59 PM

I don't rag my bike out on cars. I only waste a little gas, which I can afford to do. I didn't even shift. When I was done with the Camaro I still had 5000 RPM's till redline. Thats like revving a Civic Si to 4500 maybe 5000 RPM's. Besides even if I was getting high RPM's, that is what a bike motor is made for. The only reason I was going so fast is because I was in top gear. I normally rev the enging to about 6000 RPM's during my daily riding. When I stopped I was at 7500. Considering my redline is at 12500, I wouldn't really call that abuse.
J

GT40FIED 12-08-2003 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Civickid0to60
dude, its a cool story and everything, but....man, what is the point in ragging out your bike on a car? There is no way in hell, that a car can keep up with a bike so...i really dont understand. My friend drives a 10 second gsx everynow and then, (usually keeps it garaged) and it wasnt even close to keeping up with a bike in the long run of the race. so there's really no point besides wasting your gas, and ragging out your motor. bikes are fun to top out, get away from cops, do tricks, and pick up girls but for racing? There's really no point unless its against another bike. no offense or anything just my feelings.

That's not necessarily true. I've raced a few bikes from a roll (10-20mph or so) and put a hurting on them until around 100mph. Now...if my car revved to 11K rpm too, I might've been able to hang longer. Most guys cut out around 70mph anyway and then look amazed/pissed that I even hung with them. Don't ask me about models...I'm not a fan of bikes so I haven't a clue. A few times at the strip though I've gotten my ass handed to me by bikes. If I remember right I kept thinking I saw a turbo on this one bike...it ran into the 8's. Wicked fast.